Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

efibre order

Options
  • 17-09-2013 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

hi, I placed an order last week online for an upgrade to efibre broadband but have yet to hear from you re: an appointment. The order number is 4014555. Can you please let me know when I n expect to get a call?

Thanks,

Kevin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

razor77 wrote: »
    hi, I placed an order last week online for an upgrade to efibre broadband but have yet to hear from you re: an appointment. The order number is 4014555. Can you please let me know when I n expect to get a call?

Thanks,

Kevin
    Hi Kevin

I've been unable to locate an order for efibre using the order number you advised. Please PM me your eircom account details and I'll do my best to locate your order information.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 8 razor77

Hi, I sent these details in a PM to you yesterday (Tuesday) Can you tell me what stage my order is at please?

Kev

• Registered Users Posts: 6 uncle travelling mac

Thanks,

Kevin
    This seems to be a common theme with Eircom and specifically with eFibre orders placed online.

Having placed my order on August 26th, I was left without any contact from Eircom for several weeks. I finally decided to enquire as to why I had been waiting 23 days (17 working days) before having so much as an appointment date offered to me. I made 3-4 phone calls yesterday (Sept. 18th) and I spoke with numerous people in many departments, and I was informed that A) "our systems are down", despite the eFibre customer care systems not "being down" and B) "oh the website bookings are really awkward" said with an attitude which seemed to imply that I was some sort of fool for choosing that route, and then C) I would have to wait a further 5-10 days before an appointment could even be made, never mind having my internet access set up! Needless to say, I was not one bit happy about this, and having left a complaint I decided to cancel my order, which was impressively easy.

As a job-seeking graphic/web designer who has recently moved to a new town, I actually need internet access set up immediately, but it seems that eircom just couldn't be bothered. The real unfortunate thing is that even by signing up with one of their competitors, Eircom still makes money as it's their infrastructure, and you will still have to pay to have one of their (already waged) technicians to "fit a new box" to your house. It will also probably set me back another month... thanks Eircom!

Thanks,

Kevin
    This seems to be a common theme with Eircom and specifically with eFibre orders placed online.

Having placed my order on August 26th, I was left without any contact from Eircom for several weeks. I finally decided to enquire as to why I had been waiting 23 days (17 working days) before having so much as an appointment date offered to me. I made 3-4 phone calls yesterday (Sept. 18th) and I spoke with numerous people in many departments, and I was informed that A) "our systems are down", despite the eFibre customer care systems not "being down" and B) "oh the website bookings are really awkward" said with an attitude which seemed to imply that I was some sort of fool for choosing that route, and then C) I would have to wait a further 5-10 days before an appointment could even be made, never mind having my internet access set up! Needless to say, I was not one bit happy about this, and having left a complaint I decided to cancel my order, which was impressively easy.

As a job-seeking graphic/web designer who has recently moved to a new town, I actually need internet access set up immediately, but it seems that eircom just couldn't be bothered. The real unfortunate thing is that even by signing up with one of their competitors, Eircom still makes money as it's their infrastructure, and you will still have to pay to have one of their (already waged) technicians to "fit a new box" to your house. It will also probably set me back another month... thanks Eircom!
    Hi uncle travelling mac

I'm sorry to hear of this and I'm sorry it went as far as cancelling your efibre order.

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭risteardb

Hi All,

Is there any update of when efibre will be available in Mallow?

• Advertisement

risteardb wrote: »
    Hi All,

Is there any update of when efibre will be available in Mallow?

Hi risteardb

The following efibre availability map will reflect that efibre is now available in Mallow:

http://www.eircom.net/efibreinfo/map/

However there is a message below the map stating :
    • "The map is for illustrative purpose only and not all homes within the eFibre area can avail of the service. Specific address must be checked to ensure eFibre can be supplied"
    [*]

The specific line checker is located just above the map.

If efibre is not available to your address I'm unable to see when it will be as works are planned to to contimnue efibre rollout in this area over the next year.

Hope this info helps

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Same thing happening to me, days trying to contact eircom being told systems are down being transferred from one section to the other eventually landing on a agent who did not I was on the line, who was in the middle of telling her co worker about her weekend.Eventually she noticed me there and said"**** I'm on a call" and hung up.

After 4 days of trying to confirm the install which I was told was 20th of September so I booked day off work so I could be home to let the install take place, Lady just informed me there is no install date scheduled for me but she will send it to the escalation department who would contact in 5 working days to arrange a appointment.

What was I thinking switching back to eircom

Thanks,

Kevin

Hi uncle travelling mac

I'm sorry to hear of this and I'm sorry it went as far as cancelling your efibre order.

Al
    All I got yesterday was "I'm sorry", and I'm sure the Eircom 'customer care' team are indeed sorry. Sorry that they have to listen to so many complaints about a company that couldn't give a flying f**k about customer care.

I am still without proper internet access, and I am using my phone's 3G, but this is seriously expensive (O2 charged me 60 Euro recently, for two days when I was not covered by a data bundle, while I was waiting on my disastrous Eircom order), and nobody in either Eircom or Vodafone seemingly want to provide me with broadband, despite my willingness to sign up to such over priced services. I have never had trouble with either O2 or Eircom before I placed my eFibre order.

I left it open with Eircom to try and sort something for me, but I have not heard back from them, and I will have no option to go with Magnet (at least there is no contract) tomorrow unless someone gets off their behinds and sorts me out asap.

I need the internet to do what little work I have, to find a job, and/or set up my design business... Eircom, are you interested in actually meeting potential new customers simple requirements (broadband,.. as advertised,.. now)? Or is it just the marketing department on overdrive that can't see the lack of will/ability to provide those heavily advertised products?

dave1982 wrote: »
    Same thing happening to me, days trying to contact eircom being told systems are down being transferred from one section to the other eventually landing on a agent who did not I was on the line, who was in the middle of telling her co worker about her weekend.Eventually she noticed me there and said"**** I'm on a call" and hung up.

After 4 days of trying to confirm the install which I was told was 20th of September so I booked day off work so I could be home to let the install take place, Lady just informed me there is no install date scheduled for me but she will send it to the escalation department who would contact in 5 working days to arrange a appointment.

It's actually disgusting. It may all seem trivial in the greater scheme of things, but some of us are dependant on internet access. This treatment of potential new customers is mind boggling.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭risteardb

If i was to take up using efibre, is there any option of not doing it thru Direct Debit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi Dave,

Sorry to hear about the appointment issues you have had to date. I spoke to the complaints team and the efibre escalation team regarding your e-fibre order REF: 404548

To try and push a call back regarding a new appointment and calling you to confirm it is defiantly in place.

Mark 

risteardb wrote: »
    If i was to take up using efibre, is there any option of not doing it thru Direct Debit.
    Hi risteardb

We have been advised that if any existing eircom customer or new customer wishes to avail of the efibre product / service - Setting up a direct debit & an 18 month contract are mandatory I'm afraid.

Mark 

It's actually disgusting. It may all seem trivial in the greater scheme of things, but some of us are dependant on internet access. This treatment of potential new customers is mind boggling.
    Hi uncle travelling mac

If you would like to DM your tel no: or address I can follow up with the efibre escalation team regarding the issues you have had.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Dave,

Sorry to hear about the appointment issues you have had to date. I spoke to the complaints team and the efibre escalation team regarding your e-fibre order REF: 404548

To try and push a call back regarding a new appointment and calling you to confirm it is defiantly in place.

Mark 

I don't suppose you have any information for me?? The order was placed on the 12th?? I shouldn't be surprised I'm having difficulty with this, I went through a similar rigmarole when I signed up to Eircom broadband originally!

Kev

Hi Dave,

Mark 

I don't suppose you have any information for me?? The order was placed on the 12th?? I shouldn't be surprised I'm having difficulty with this, I went through a similar rigmarole when I signed up to Eircom broadband originally!

Kev
    Hi Kev,

I got the details from Al, did you place the order online? I could not find a record of the order. However we have limited access. I spoke to the efibre team and they asked if they could give you a call them on 1800 661 622 to check the pending orders.

Let me know how you get on.

Mark

Mark, I rang and I am due to have an engineer call out this Monday the 7th. However I was supposed to get a call back just to confirm the call out but I never heard back. Can you please check that this is still going ahead?

Thanks,

Kev

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Mark, I rang and I am due to have an engineer call out this Monday the 7th. However I was supposed to get a call back just to confirm the call out but I never heard back. Can you please check that this is still going ahead?

Thanks,

Kev

Hi Kev,

I can confirm there is an appointment on the Fibre order for the 7/10 AM, a tx message is sent the day before to confirm and the technician will ring you on the day.

Thanks
    Tracey 

Hi Kev,

I can confirm there is an appointment on the Fibre order for the 7/10 AM, a tx message is sent the day before to confirm and the technician will ring you on the day.

Thanks
    Tracey 

Lovely, thanks Tracey!

Kev

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Hi Kev,

Thanks
    Tracey 

Lovely, thanks Tracey!

Kev

No problem at all Kev.

Thanks

Tracey

Advertisement