Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why was the "What denotes serious discussion in AH" thread locked?

Options
  • 17-09-2013 12:05pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 61 ✭✭

BuffyBot wrote:
    Perhaps, then, you should
    send them a private message
    about

I already sent a message to the moderator and the response I received was the very reason that I started the thread.
    instead of making an
    attention whoring thread

"Attention whoring"??

Are you usually this disrespectful to Boards users? I sure hope not.
    where you want to show the
    world

"Show the world"? :p

It's the Feedback section on an Irish discussion forum, I hardly think the "world" is watching now.
    of how you grind your
    personal axe.

Wow there, I Pm'd Dannie (as he was the first name on the alphabetical list of AH mods) and I asked him could he tell me which moderator it was that deleted my post and no matter which mod that that turned out to be, had they replied in the same manner as Dr.Bollocko did, telling me my that my post was "stupid" and "needless" and how I was actually lucky not to be carded, I would have started the very same thread regardless of it. So, you can accuse me of grinding a "personal axe" with the moderator as much as you like, it just isn't true and to be quite honest, it looks very much like you are just using that accusation to excuse your closing of a legitimate Feedback thread.
    /thread

I respectfully ask that my thread is reopened as I feel the removing of posts from the AH forum based on them not being suitable for certain threads that they are posted in, due to how "serious" the potential discussion in those threads is deemed to be, is someting that needs to be discussed and given that this is the Feedback forum, I feel it is the ideal place to do that.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,759 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Poor form closing that thread.

What denotes serious discussion in AH is a valid topic for debate in Feedback.

Surely common sense should prevail when knowing whether a discussion is serious or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,759 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Surely common sense should prevail when knowing whether a discussion is serious or not?
    Either it's a serious forum or it's not.

You can't expect to switch it on and off like a light switch and not expect to have problems.

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Either it's a serious forum or it's not.

You can't expect to switch it on and off like a light switch and not expect to have problems.

It is both. Why can't it be? If you want something that is completely not serious, then go to the Cuckoo's Nest.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭apollo8

I though that thread was closed in a pig ignorant manner by the admin.
    It seems to me every thread in feedback that is'nt gushing praise of boards or mods gets locked and the OP insulted.
    gotta ask who feedback serves?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭HondaSami

@ BuffyBot.

''Perhaps, then, you should send them a private message about instead of making an attention whoring thread where you want to show the world how you grind your personal axe''.

Would you speak to someone in RL like this? your post is rude arrogant and smacks of ''im the boss so fcuk off'' You accuse someone of attention whoring then you close the thread with the above comment.
    A little respect for posters is not too much to ask is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

It really depends on the validity of the issue at hand. There was little there, and even less here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement