Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix problem

Options
  • 17-09-2013 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭

I'm probably not posting in the right place so mods feel free to move. Last night I tried to watch Breaking Bad on Netflix, but the new episodes werent coming up and someone said its because I'm in the U.S. Netflix. My account however is with the Irish Netflix and I've been watching it for the past few weeks. When I tried to log in last night, my Netflix homepage has the dollar sign on it, so I must be on the US one but I cant get back to the Irish one. I contacted them and they said clear my brower histiory and I did, but didnt help, then I rang and she said to cancel my account and re register again but still no. Does anyone know what to do.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

where is your DNS being served from?

IIRC, netflix is doing a DNS (and/or IP) lookup and will serve you content based on where your settings are physically located.

I was in spain a while back and wanted to watch my netflix across the hotel wifi one evening, and although I could sign in, it wouldn't allow me watch anything. Bummer.

If a similar case, I'd suspect your DNS and/or IP is being served from an american source / proxy / or something like that. You would need to change your settings back to your ISP's default or other that you intend using if something different applies.

By the way - most people would be delighted with the extra and more up to date catalogue. You must be just too honest :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    where is your DNS being served from?

IIRC, netflix is doing a DNS (and/or IP) lookup and will serve you content based on where your settings are physically located.

I was in spain a while back and wanted to watch my netflix across the hotel wifi one evening, and although I could sign in, it wouldn't allow me watch anything. Bummer.

If a similar case, I'd suspect your DNS and/or IP is being served from an american source / proxy / or something like that. You would need to change your settings back to your ISP's default or other that you intend using if something different applies.

By the way - most people would be delighted with the extra and more up to date catalogue. You must be just too honest :p

Thanks for your reply, yes it was the proxy alright, had to reset it again. Unfortunately couldnt watch Breaking Bad last night so there were was shouting and a mini breakdown because it wasnt available on the US one. Got it sorted now thankfully! Thanks again!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Proxy discussion for Geo Location blocking not allowed. Please read the charter. Glad you got the issue sorted but we cannot allow helping when it comes to potential copyright infringements.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement