Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Disc bobbins

• 17-09-2013 12:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭

On my '02 Mille I have Brembo calipers but I don't know what discs I have. Maybe they're day one discs, I don't know.

I recently had the front wheel off and wanted to try and free up the disc bobbins, Unfortunately, they're the solid type bobbin with no centre hole so the nut and bolt method won't work. They appear to be fairly seized so I'm anxious to solve the problem if at all possible. I'm even starting to wonder if I should look into new bobbins at this stage. It would surely be cheaper than having to replace warped discs. I already need a new pair of discs for the GSX like :/

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

discs dont sound stock to me..! not too sure how to go about cleaning them if they dont have a hole through the middle.. no joy from just dousing them in brake cleaner and flexing the disc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

When I had the wheel off I gave them a good shot of brake cleaner and lube and tried to used the extra leverage to try and waggle them about on the bench as much as possible but it looks like it just hasn't worked.

As far as I can see I can convert them to fully-floating discs. Is it a bad idea to have fully floating discs on a road bike??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

not sure tbh.. I imagine they'd need more maintenance, as a stuck/sticking bobbin with them could be potientially more damaging (only guessing though)

what price you getting for fully floating bobbins? I thought they were silly money, though might have just been the one place I saw.

Advertisement