Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Nightlife

• 17-09-2013 12:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭

Hi lads,

Going on a stag soon up in limerick,

Could you recommend some decent pubs/clubs etc?

Cheers:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Wilbert13

Age group?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

Wilbert13 wrote: »
    Age group?

23-30 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Wilbert13

Somewhere like Tom Collins or Phil Flannerys would be best for warming up, then maybe The Library or Aubars for a late bar once you're getting a bit tanked. Clubs aren't the best to be honest so I'll let someone else recommend.

You also have the big bar and club combos like Smyths/Icon and The Orchard/Crush 87 and Nancy Blakes Bar which should all be busy.

It would also be no harm to tip off places where you're heading to.

Wilbert13 wrote: »
    Somewhere like Tom Collins or Phil Flannerys would be best for warming up, then maybe The Library or Aubars for a late bar once you're getting a bit tanked. Clubs aren't the best to be honest so I'll let someone else recommend.

You also have the big bar and club combos like Smyths/Icon and The Orchard/Crush 87 and Nancy Blakes Bar which should all be busy.

It would also be no harm to tip off places where you're heading to.

Cheers for the reply mate,

I ll look into those places:)

probably go to jerry flannerys pub aswell:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Jerry Flas is just across the road from Tom Collins. If any of ye are into craft beers The Blind Pig, Dr. Johns and The Crafty Fox are worth a gander (although if ye're on a stag...!)

• Advertisement

leakyboots wrote: »
    Jerry Flas is just across the road from Tom Collins. If any of ye are into craft beers The Blind Pig, Dr. Johns and The Crafty Fox are worth a gander (although if ye're on a stag...!)

Thanks for your reply,Leakyboots:)

No shortage of good places so, we ll probably end up doing a pub crawl and attempt to get into some club :)

Only around 10 of us going but I ll still ring ahead :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

What's the new place The Basement like? Is it strictly a Gay bar? Not that it matters either way, but if lads were going there looking to pull ladies, might be the wrong choice.
    I know they have put on nights for Pride recently?

I m not looking to insult or start a row btw

But Is Limerick safe at night for those on the piss?

I m guessing its like everywhere else same dangers etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭moby2101

Perfectly safe...
    Just use your head like you would in any City in any part of the world..
    I'm 40, grew up going out in Limerick and been all over and back and it's as safe as you want it to be op..

Enjoy

moby2101 wrote: »
    Perfectly safe...
    Just use your head like you would in any City in any part of the world..
    I'm 40, grew up going out in Limerick and been all over and back and it's as safe as you want it to be op..

Enjoy

Nice one,cheers mate,

I ll let you know where I end up :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Same as anywhere else. Just be wide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Great place to get hammered ye will enjoy it.

Tom Collins a bit small and boring, would say in order for a crawl Jerry Fla's, Mickey Martins, Aubars, Smyths, The Office and for late bar Nancy's is fail safe unless your too drunk going in.

also stay in small groups at entry or you'll be stopped going in to the pubs towards end of night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭shaka

In fact I'd say limerick is safer than most, never had any hassle in limerick . Can't say same about cork,Tralee or Galway .

If there is a gang of ye check out smyths later on in evening usually a good band playing and a load of women for the singles. Can head straight into icon club from there without worry of refusal which can happen- there is always some one langers on a stag

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭SHANAbert

Cobblestone Joes is a good spot for early in the night. I like the library too as a late bar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

If you fancy a few nice craft beers I'd try out The Blind Pig in Thomas Street and The Crafty Fox in Denmark street:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

SHANAbert wrote: »
    Cobblestone Joes is a good spot for early in the night. I like the library too as a late bar.

Forgot about there good spot to go to as, as regards Limerick on a night out, feel much safer going out there than in smaller towns and some well known pubs in Dublin.

Btw wouldn't bother with Charlie's as ye will probably stumble across it on yer pub crawl can see a few rough yokes in there although I've never had a problem going in there the odd time

Advertisement