Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone changeover to 3 network

Options
  • 17-09-2013 1:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭

Long story short.
    Got a call from 3 offering a mobile package, was with Vodaphone.
    Got the new sim last thursday and it wouldn't work in my phone.
    Contacted 3 they told me to do a factory restore. Done, and still no joy. Then I find out that the phone is locked to the vodaphone network(it was bought for me as a present and didn't know this and was never told this by the 3 sales person)
    Have had no phone since last thursday.
    Ring 3 this morning they say my cooling off period is over, which is 7/14 days even though I only recieved the sim on thursday 12th???
    And now they are saying I used the service and made a call from it(total bunk as I cant access it at all as it is saying "Sim card is not Valid".
    On the phone here all morning trying to sort this out.

Help please!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

How long were you with vodafone? You could try pleading your case with them and see if they will unlock it for you.
    Their forum here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1270

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

biko wrote: »
    How long were you with vodafone? You could try pleading your case with them and see if they will unlock it for you.
    Their forum here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1270

Thanks for the reply Biko.
    Tried that and they said apply in writing but it could take two weeks or more for an answer.
    TBH I'm really annoyed at 3.
    There stance is there is nothing wrong with the sim card they sent, so not their problem.
    My stance is that the oral contract over the phone is null and void as 3 did not say that the sim cards would only work with either a 3 phone or an unlocked phone.
    Its up to the seller to disclose all facts like that and this isnt the first package 3 have ever sold so they should be well aware that the sim won't work in those circumstances.

Advertisement