Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get your cross country season underway

Options
  • 17-09-2013 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Star of the Sea AC will host their 25th annual cross country races at Greenanstown near Stamullen on Sunday 22 Sept.
    All the details are here

http://www.staroftheseaac.com/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Looking forward to this, here's hoping the weather is miserable to make us feel like the cross country season has really arrived! :) And hopefully they leave the cattle in the field until 3 minutes before the start of the race for that authentic feel!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Huayra

Cheers for reply to my post for XC in other thread pconn. Am doing this so might see you. Do you know if you have to register online or can you pay when you get there?
    First ever XC and I think the weather is going to give me a kind introduction to it ;). But then its misleading at the same time :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Huayra wrote: »
    Cheers for reply to my post for XC in other thread pconn. Am doing this so might see you. Do you know if you have to register online or can you pay when you get there?
    First ever XC and I think the weather is going to give me a kind introduction to it ;). But then its misleading at the same time :rolleyes:

Hi Huayra, you can sign up on the day no problem (well you could last year anyway so I assume it's the same this year). Yeah looks like it's giving a good day for it alright, the course is challenging, a couple of hills on each lap and the men have four laps. It's hard not to get carried away at the start because the field is smaller than a road race, so I always try to hold back a bit for the first lap. I'll be wearing a Dunleer AC singlet and glasses so say hello if you see me.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Annalee Athletics Club

This is always a good days racing. Well run and a good competitive entry. Weather looking most uncrosscountry like as well! Best of luck with the event. Should be a few of ours down there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Huayra

Cool I'll be wearing Bray Runners Orange singlet so will easily stick out lol. I prefer smaller crowds anyway. For me, if i feel too congested at start, I tend to start faster to clear away. Is also better not having to worry about finish times kindof. Will go by feel. No need to focus on maintaining specific paces.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9 TommyLAD

Is there a Cross country / Trail calendar or event schedule anywhere out there

Advertisement