Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sold out?

• 17-09-2013 2:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭

I was planning on picking up an Xbox 360 copy of GTAV after work today in Gamestop (Stephens Green)

Out of curiosity I asked my GF to check stock in the local Tesco and Gamestop near where I live and both were sold out!

Should I bother trying to get it in town after work or are they all likely to be sold out by now. (Stpehens Green won't answer the phone so I cant ask)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,118 ✭✭✭✭listermint

ION08 wrote: »
    I was planning on picking up an Xbox 360 copy of GTAV after work today in Gamestop (Stephens Green)

Out of curiosity I asked my GF to check stock in the local Tesco and Gamestop near where I live and both were sold out!

Should I bother trying to get it in town after work or are they all likely to be sold out by now. (Stpehens Green won't answer the phone so I cant ask)

Tallaght sold out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

for what its worth, carrickmines Smyths have tons of copies in PS3 and sex box format...

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Cled

Anywhere in Galway that has any left in stock??

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,007 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Anywhere in North Dublin that has any left in stock??

Also does anyone have any indication when stock will be back in?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 ✭✭kevmcdonnell

if they are sold out let me know. I have a preorder for the gamestop in stephens green that i paid a fiver off (which should be held) that i wont be picking up as i ordered it off amazon in the end for cheaper

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

HMV Henry street had loads left this morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 435 ✭✭403 Forbidden

I bought a spare copy for Xbox in case any of my mates didnt get one! They all did so if anyone is looking for a copy, PM me!

Price = €58

EDIT - Im in North Dublin!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Try Argos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Loughc wrote: »
    Anywhere in North Dublin that has any left in stock??

For anybody looking in Cork, Gamestop on Patrick street have loads on them behind the counter for Xbox and Ps3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,982 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Smyths in Waterford have a good few copies on both Xbox and Ps3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

Gamestop and Argos in Stephen's Green sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Cled

Argos in Galway sold out but they have some left in Castlebar. Any where else in Galway with stock appreciated :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Crasp

Cool_CM wrote: »
    For anybody looking in Cork, Gamestop on Patrick street have loads on them behind the counter for Xbox and Ps3

They told me they were sold out about 2 hours ago. Loads of boxes out on the floor but when you bring one to the till they tell you it's sold out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Got one easily enough in Xtra vision Drogheda today . . They said that they were mainly cancellations from pre orders (might be worth a shot calling your local store!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

GS in Blanch said Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 ObliVion86

I'm not going to be able to pick the game up until tomorrow but it's a good thing I reserved one in Argos earlier this morning. Looks like it will be sold out everywhere else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Crasp wrote: »
    They told me they were sold out about 2 hours ago. Loads of boxes out on the floor but when you bring one to the till they tell you it's sold out.

Friend on mine who pre-ordered and knows a guy in there told me that they have one box to open on Tuesday and another to open on Wednesday. Not sure how true that is but worth another try tomorrow, he was told that he could pick it up then and won't be very happy if there isn't one there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Still stock in HMV Dundrum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

I rang my local xtra vision before leaving work yesterday, they said they had a few copies left, great I thought. I got there literally 1 hour later and they were all sold out! :( also tried Smyths but they were also sold out.

They both said the game should be back in stock "tomorrow" so hopefully i'll be able to get a copy later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Argos Galway and Castlebar both sold out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Robbie8888

Smyths Toys still have copies available in most stores. You can check stock on their website depending on what console you want the game for:

http://www.toys.ie/Search3/Shop_Product_Search.aspx?Profile=Euro&query=grand%20theft%20auto%205

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 284 ✭✭Beer Assistant

Tesco Maynooth has two boxes behind the customer service's desk as of today, just bought a copy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Smyths Fonthill have a bucket load of them at the moment for PS3 and Xbox. Just popped down there 15 mins ago and picked up a copy for the Xbox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

We should probably have a 'Stock Watch' super thread... Or is this it? :D

Anyone reckon anywhere in Dublin 1 would have stock today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 694 ✭✭✭aristotle25

HMW at liffey valley had some as of 2 hours ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Anyone have any info on any available stock in Dublin city centre (South Side) for this afternoon?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭frisbeeface

About 15 left in smyths jervis street

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,007 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Any news when stock will be back in Tesco or GS :mad: Clarehall or GS Donaghmeade?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

stock of both in smyths carrickmines

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Trizo

saw about 20 copies of them in Tesco Jervis St sc at lunch time mostly for xbox360

Any news when stock will be back in Tesco or GS :mad: Clarehall or GS Donaghmeade?

Do they not have any in Clarehall??

My GF went to check yesterday, they were sold out but said they'd be getting more in tomorrow (as in Today)

ION08 wrote: »
    Do they not have any in Clarehall??

My GF went to check yesterday, they were sold out but said they'd be getting more in tomorrow (as in Today)

I was told today as well but nothing yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Swarlez

smyths has plenty of copies left nationwide. Just bought a copy in tallaght there. Check their website for stock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭eggy81

I think if you try your luck a lot are selling uncollected pre orders because new stock arriving tomorrow morning. That's what guy in GameStop just told me a few minutes ago anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Lambasted

Anywhere in Galway have any left? Extra vision are all out

• Advertisement

Just got one in GS Stephens Green! :)

They just got a batch for the 360 an hour ago. (None for the PS3 though)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Thomas2142

Just came in from college and on my way home popped into tallaght and woman went up to the counter and asked for the game on PS3 and was sold without pre-order, must have got a batch in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭LiamKK1982

Does anyone want an argos reservation code for the ps3 version in kilkenny. PM me if you do, it's reserved til tomorrow evening

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 22 james.deeen

Swarlez wrote: »
    smyths has plenty of copies left nationwide. Just bought a copy in tallaght there. Check their website for stock

i wolked into smths and picked up a copy, no preorder...and i got the blimp code and map. so it must have been a preorder copy i got. i only paid 58 and they are 65 in gs.

If anyone picks up the game today can they post where, I'm finished work at 6 tonight so I can pop into Dublin City Centre or north Dublin for some late night shopping if there are copies around!

Thanks! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Seems to be a good few copies on both formats in Gamestop Stephen's Green as at lunch time today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭The Bull

Got a copy in Argos yesterday, only to find the woman has a copy got too :eek:, As she is movin in we don't need a second copy. If anyone interested pm me, the box is open and only played once, I also have the argos receipt, I in the Westport/Castlebar area.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Oscorp

Picked up a copy in XtraVision in Artane Castle earlier today at about 2pm. Cashier said they had about 10 PlayStation copies left, no Xbox

I just picked up a copy in Argos ilac centre. Flying out the door with the after work rush!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 415 ✭✭browner85

I've been all over north dublin this evening and no joy at all:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Anybody know if tesco in naas (monread road) has any copies? Looking for an xbox and a ps3 version. I know so greedy wanting 2......

Edit: Nvm, they answered the phone there and they've none:( Anybody know any 24 hr tescos in dublin that have any?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Rascasse

I have a reservation at Argos Ilac Centre in Dublin for the Xbox version if anyone wants it? The reservation is valid from tomorrow until close of business on Monday 23rd September.

I reserved this copy on Tuesday but managed to get a copy today. The first person requesting it after this post or the post in the "Midnight Launches" thread gets the code.

Don't be a dick - only ask for it if you are going to collect it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭christ on a bike!

Anywherre in Dublin CC today?

Anywherre in Dublin CC today?

HMV and Argos are your best bets!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Fonze07

Argos in Ilac, Liffey Valley, Jervis and Blanch all received additional stock and have copies left and can be reserved online. hurry up

• Advertisement
Advertisement