Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Tattoo Show - Artists List

Options
  • 17-09-2013 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭

So the Galway Tattoo Show is this weekend and at the very last minute I've freed up some time and I can go but I'm stuck in work at the moment with no facebook access and can't find the full artist list online.

Could someone please post it so I can see if anyone is free this laaate?:D:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

No easy way to get the artists and I'm busy sorry.

Here's the link though, http://www.galwaytattooshow.ie/artist-list.html

Some really good looking artists though. At a quick glance, Charley Huurman, Janusz and Paul Humphreys look really good. Need to have a good gander once I get free.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Orim wrote: »
    Some really good looking artists though. At a quick glance, Charley Huurman, Janusz and Paul Humphreys look really good. Need to have a good gander once I get free.

Charley Huurman is awesome. Picked up an award for an class piece at the Killarney convention.

Also be sure to check out Bartek Kos when you're there. Terribly impressive stuff.

http://www.facebook.com/bartek.kos/media_set?set=a.1377255263983.2048466.1009909247&type=3

Very sad I'm gonna miss this convention :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'll probably go to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Adiboo wrote: »
    Also be sure to check out Bartek Kos when you're there. Terribly impressive stuff.

http://www.facebook.com/bartek.kos/media_set?set=a.1377255263983.2048466.1009909247&type=3

Very sad I'm gonna miss this convention :(

Bartek Kos that is impressive I do like his work :).

Only seen Charley Huurman work for the first time there the other week and does look impressive I'm guessing he only new to the country or at least Smiley Dog Tattoo were he is based in Cork is only new? Be suprised if it's not given the quality of his work and the lack of likes on there Facebook page.

• Advertisement

Bartek Kos that is impressive I do like his work :).

Only seen Charley Huurman work for the first time there the other week and does look impressive I'm guessing he only new to the country or at least Smiley Dog Tattoo were he is based in Cork is only new? Be suprised if it's not given the quality of his work and the lack of likes on there Facebook page.

Is that Ross nagles new studio? I was shocked to see someone that quality and I hadn't heard him mentioned here before.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Is that Ross nagles new studio? I was shocked to see someone that quality and I hadn't heard him mentioned here before.
    I think that's the place Ross Nagle opened up with Ami James.

dinorebel wrote: »
    I think that's the place Ross Nagle opened up with Ami James.

Nope, Smiley Dogg has nothing to do with Ross or Ami. It has been in operation in some form or another since 2010. Owned by a man named Raul.

Adiboo wrote: »
    Nope, Smiley Dogg has nothing to do with Ross or Ami. It has been in operation in some form or another since 2010. Owned by a man named Raul.

Any idea if Charley has been there for a while? Or is he fresh in the country? As I say I'm just shocked that I haven't heard of him before when he seems to be putting out a very high caliber of work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Speaking of bartek kos guess who is getting tattooed by him at this :pac:

I'm pretty sure he said on his facebook the other day that he has one slot left, and the price I was quoted for 4 hours was pretty fair. I was told the booth price at this show and was expecting the tattoos to be a little inflated. But I suppose the days are good and long.

• Advertisement

Any idea if Charley has been there for a while? Or is he fresh in the country? As I say I'm just shocked that I haven't heard of him before when he seems to be putting out a very high caliber of work.

Honestly don't know if he's been here for long. I first encountered him at the Killarney convention.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

fewtins wrote: »
    Speaking of bartek kos guess who is getting tattooed by him at this :pac:

I'm pretty sure he said on his facebook the other day that he has one slot left, and the price I was quoted for 4 hours was pretty fair. I was told the booth price at this show and was expecting the tattoos to be a little inflated. But I suppose the days are good and long.

Nice what ya getting?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

He's been in Ireland maybe six months, I think a little less. He grew up in Spain and trained there.

Nice what ya getting?

Old gentleman's face with an inverted cross tattoo under is eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Ended up getting a small tattoo from Ronan Quigley of Artman Tattoo yesterday. I'm damn impressed. It was a 16 bit sprite from Mario, and he made a savage job of it.

Some of the other talent was breathtaking. Especially the Polish crowd who won Best in Show.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Papillon!

Anyone see that huge elephant backpiece? It was saaavage. Not my thing, but the work was incredible.

I got a little oldschool tiger head from Jeff Linares:)

Yeah elephant was mental. Wish I had brought more money, the flash Matt Chalal, Ben Stone and Matt Adamson from Jayne Doe had going was savage. Know for next year anyway. Some of the dotwork going on was mental. Cool weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Papillon!

Yeah gotta hand it to the Jayne Doe booth, the work coming out of there was top notch. One of my mates got a thigh piece from Amy Savage who works there. Really nice stuff on her instagram: amyvsavage

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Papillon! wrote: »
    Anyone see that huge elephant backpiece? It was saaavage. Not my thing, but the work was incredible. I got a little oldschool tiger head from Jeff Linares:)
    I spent most of my time there sitting at the table across from Jeff, at Black Pearl. Two of my friends are working there, so I just hung around to watch really. Yeah, I saw the elephant one, looked really cool. I wonder how long that took them in total.

Yeah I was gonna book in with Amy or Becca at first but couldn't settle on an idea. The stuff Joe Myler was doing was really good this weekend too. I didn't see what David Corden was doing on the sunday but the piece on saturday wasn't as impressive as his usual colour stuff. Chris Jones' stuff was mad though.

• Advertisement

Angron wrote: »
    I wonder how long that took them in total.

I was standing by her in the queue to get in saturday morning and it looked pretty much finished, must be brutal, some woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

My favourite piece of all day Saturday was the guy getting the Boba Fett tattoo on his forearm. He and the artist must have been sick of my face by the time it was finished :pac:

I'm only kicking myself that I wasn't more proactive in getting artist's cards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Yeah, the Boba Fett one of the cooler pieces I saw. The detail was incredible.

1240594_630558193642368_1506305472_n.jpg

Advertisement