Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recomendations for Budapest

• 17-09-2013 4:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭

I have a group of 30 20-35 year olds traveling to Budapest for a weekend next month. Any recomendations?

Specifically looking for:
    Attractions/tours
    bars
    clubs
    activities

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Id defo recommend this. This outdoor pool is heated even though its huge, its reasonably priced to get in and its a 20-25 min walk from the city centre.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g274887-d279029-Reviews-Szechenyi_Baths_and_Pool-Budapest_Central_Hungary.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Andrewf20 wrote: »
    Id defo recommend this. This outdoor pool is heated even though its huge, its reasonably priced to get in and its a 20-25 min walk from the city centre.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g274887-d279029-Reviews-Szechenyi_Baths_and_Pool-Budapest_Central_Hungary.html

They look like the pools I went to last year, very cool place, they have loads of pools of varying temperatures, saunas and you can get massages if you want. Definitely check it out if you can.

If you wanna try something different I'd definitely recommend Celeritas Shooting Club. It's pricey enough but it lasts several hours, you get to shoot all sorts of different guns at a range, some famous ones also like Dirty Harry's revolver, would highly recommend it.

Definitely worth going up to Gelart Hill also, some amazing views of the city up there and you can get a taxi all the way to the top and then walk back to the city, hitting some bars along the way.

As for nightlife there's a great spot called Szimpla, it's one of what they call "ruin pubs", disused buildings that aren't suitable for living in but they turn them into pubs! Great buzz about the place.

There was another good spot, but the name alludes me right now, it was on the top floor of a big enough building and they use the roof as a beer garden and have bands play up there as well. I'll update if I remember the name!

If you want something a bit different try Icebar Budapest. It's a bar made entirely of ice, they give you gloves and a big coat going in and you get little cocktails made served in carved out ice cubes. It's a bit of a novelty thing though so you wouldn't spend more then 25/30mins there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭lc180

I highly recommend the baths, they are a great cure if you've had too much of the local brew the night before!

Advertisement