Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BlueCross Mobile clinic

• 17-09-2013 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Hi,

Has anybody been to the Blue Cross mobile clinic in Killester or Walkinstown?

I'm thinking of getting my cat vaccinated there and was wondering how long the queue is on a normal weekday?

Also, do they check your medical card?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭Papillon!

Don't know if its much help but I've been to the Smithfield one and I think its the same van that goes around on different days. They're really lovely and helpful and they didnt check a medical card for me. It's really for people on a low income too, not just sick or elderly! You give them €20-30 as far as I remember :) and then you pay a bit extra for any meds but its a great service if you need to make use of it

You can be waiting about 20-25 mins up in Smithfield but get there half an hour before they open (times are on the blue cross website) because they're normally there setting up early!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭JaneeMack

Ah brilliant - thanks for your tips! I will try the Killester one anyway on Friday evening. Yeah, I plan to go half an hour - although not sure if I will be able to with my job and stuff.

I'd be more than happy to pay the fees to them rather than the private vet cuz I've heard a lot of good things about them and I don't mind paying as long as they do the jab. :-) Thanks y'all!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭JaneeMack

Update on this - went to their mobile clinic in Donnycarney last week and they were absolutely brilliant - 25 EURO for a vaccination worth every penny and wonderful staff!

Glad you had a good experience. I really like going to them because its in-and-out super quickly and they are great, friendly and take time to answr any questions. It's almost time for Maggies yearly shots and I'll definitely be going back too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement