Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to make wireless broadband coverentire house??

• 17-09-2013 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

I have eircom wireless broadband in my house but it does not cover the whole house. I have no reception at all in certain parts of the house. Is there anyway to fix this? I have spare modems ( theyre not eircom modems, theyre from old accounts, one is vodafone and the others are TP wireless) Is there anyway I can use one of those to make the wireless work all over the house? 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

ammiem wrote: »
    I have eircom wireless broadband in my house but it does not cover the whole house. I have no reception at all in certain parts of the house. Is there anyway to fix this? I have spare modems ( theyre not eircom modems, theyre from old accounts, one is vodafone and the others are TP wireless) Is there anyway I can use one of those to make the wireless work all over the house? 
    Hi ammiem

What you are referin to by using old modems help expand wifi around your house is called "modem bridging". eircom do not support modem bridging and cannot advise on this process.

I reccomend contacting eircom broadband support (1890260260) about eircoms new WIFI extenders.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 34 gorehoundess

Hi ammiem

What you are referin to by using old modems help expand wifi around your house is called "modem bridging". eircom do not support modem bridging and cannot advise on this process.

I reccomend contacting eircom broadband support (1890260260) about eircoms new WIFI extenders.

Thanks

Al

I had that problem with the black eircom box, however I managed to get my hands on an old zyxel box ( the old eircom silver one) and it works much better.

Advertisement