Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bray School Project - Educate Together

• 17-09-2013 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi Folks,

I've recently moved to the area and our little one is due to be enrolled in school next year. Bray School Project, the Educate Together school is the nearest school to us. Do anyone have any feedback about this school or what it's like. I've had a look at their website and it looks very positive, but i'd be interested to hear what other parents who have kids that go there, what they think.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Bray ET enjoys a very good reputation, a friend moved their children from there to Dalkey ET and found Bray far better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭briano.de.rhino

Its great, very hard to get into. apply straight away.some people apply when child is born and dont get in Ive heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Sponge25

Isn't Bray School Project for ehm... slow people? I'm not trying to be offensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭briano.de.rhino

There are kids with disabilities there but I dont think this is any different than most schools these days, I may be wrong. I thought children with disabilities were in mainstream classrooms with SNAs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭lottpaul

Sponge25 wrote: »
    Isn't Bray School Project for ehm... slow people? I'm not trying to be offensive.

Bray School Project is a National School like all of the other national/primary schools in the country. It just happens to be part of the Educate Together Patronage system - as other schools are under Roman Catholic or Church of Ireland patronage.
    You may be confusing it with other schools in Bray which cater for children with diagnosed learning difficulties and with recognised extra physical care needs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭zanador

The location hasn't been confirmed yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,095 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Basically no

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

recedite wrote: »
    More than likely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

My daughter went to BSP, I was very impressed, the educate together approach worked very well for her, with younger kids you may think that there are not really doing a lot of learning as there is very little homework, but they are covering the syllabus well and doing it during school hours as opposed to getting loaded down with so much homework that you feel like you are home schooling as was the case in the junior school my son attended (didnt apply in time to get him into BSP).
    We moved house and had to move school so I was able to get a good read on BSP versus ordinary NS and discovered that my daughter was well up on where she needed to be, but had to get used to uniforms and not being on first name terms with the teachers and the principal. Her main gripes were that too much time is spent talking about just one god (they keep going on about it apparently and dont do much about the other cool ones) and the fact that the other kids drop litter in the yard or put stuff in the wrong bins. Little but revealing things.

There is a lot more parent involvement in BSP, so you can get as involved as you want or are able to.
    If l was back in Bray I would send my two there in a heartbeat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

I went there, and there is 3 teachers, a doctor, an actuary and a PhD student that were in my class, amongst others.

Not for slow people at all. Don't know where that perception came from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

I literally 'LOL'd when I read that comment about BSP being for 'slow people' - but I guess the name might be a little confusing for some.

My children went there and have very happy memories of the place.

I do remember rattling a tin outside Superquinn for the annual fundraising day, long ago - this when the school had been up and running for many years, and a lovely little old lady put some money in the tin and said 'I hope you get that school started some day - you've all been fundraising for years'. I suppose she equated the word 'project' with something which was in the earlier stages of development - not an unreasonable assumption.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 andyhanley

Hi Folks,

I've recently moved to the area and our little one is due to be enrolled in school next year. Bray School Project, the Educate Together school is the nearest school to us. Do anyone have any feedback about this school or what it's like. I've had a look at their website and it looks very positive, but i'd be interested to hear what other parents who have kids that go there, what they think.

Thanks.

Hello. Are your children starting this august?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 andyhanley

Hi Folks,

Thanks.

Hello. Are your children starting this august?

Advertisement