Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First year history seminars

Options
  • 17-09-2013 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

I am pretty sick right now and it looks like I will have to miss a history seminar tomorrow and I really don't see myself being able to attend it. What should I do about this? Is it a big problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Isco wrote: »
    I am pretty sick right now and it looks like I will have to miss a history seminar tomorrow and I really don't see myself being able to attend it. What should I do about this? Is it a big problem?

If you have a sick note, hand it to head of seminar and then they will excuse you for that one, so you won't lose out on any attendance marks.

Generally speaking, it's not the end of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Get a med cert or letter from your doctor. Email your tutor explaining that you were sick and have a med cert/letter. Then give your tutor a copy of the supporting documentation at next week's seminar.

In fairness, though, it's not the end of the world. If you attend 9 our of the 10 seminars you still get full marks. But better to email them and let them know what was up, regardless.

Advertisement