Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech "Panel Tamper" message

Options
  • 17-09-2013 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭

We can't seem to set our alarm. When trying to arm it we get a "Panel Tamper" message. I don't recall anything happening recently except the alarm was set off when I threw something up on the press above which is the internal Aritech wall-mounted box. It seems I'd banged it and set the alarm off.

No probs, but looking around, I get the impression that "Panel Tamper" is actually to do with the control panel itself. I'm not entirely sure what model it is - the Installer Manual we were left says "Advisor CD 7212" and "CD95/15012". The system is about 13 years old.

So do I need to open up the control panel?
    Will the alarm go off when I do that?
    Is there some tamper-sensitive switch inside that I need to activate to fix the error?

All help appreciated!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I would say open the main control panel & close it again. You should hear the tamer spring clicking closed as you tighten the lid into place.
    The alarm may activate when you open /close the panel. Your user code will disarm it.
    Remember there is mains power present at the power supply inside the panel.
    If in doubt turn off the mains power first.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Gwynston

Thanks for the info.
    I'll give that a try!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

It could also be the aux tamper in the panel which the zone tampers could be wired into. I'm not sure of which terminals it is but you'll see it on the back of the lid of the panel.

So I took the panel cover off, and the alarm activated. So I guess the tamper spring is working OK.
    I don't know what to do next. There's nothing on the back of the lid.

When I put it back together - I get the same "Panel Tamper" error if I try to arm the system.

OK, I think I've resolved it.

I was confused there - I'd only been looking at the hallway keypad panel. I now realise the problem was with the tamper switch in the big metal box in the utlility room. Opening that panel I could see the spring was a bit wonky, so when closing again, it doesn't always quite engage the switch properly. I managed it in the end and the message has gone from the keypad and I can arm the system.

I guess it was caused by when the metal box above the press was banged by throwing something up there. It must have jogged the tamper switch and left it in the off position.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Glad all ended well. Any problems you know where we are.

Advertisement