Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Petrol pump question

• 17-09-2013 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

So monday morning i was at the services at junction 14 on the m7 at mayfield, I went to the petrol pump that you can use your bank card at, put in my pin and the card was approved so filled the bike which came to €23 give or take, that was all grand until I checked my account balance today and all they took off me was €1, has this happened anyone or will they take the full amount in a day or two?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

I'd presume that the €1 would be a verification deposit and the charge for the cost of petrol will go through in a day or two as you feel it might.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭BaronVon

gunning84 wrote: »
    So monday morning i was at the services at junction 14 on the m7 at mayfield, I went to the petrol pump that you can use your bank card at, put in my pin and the card was approved so filled the bike which came to €23 give or take, that was all grand until I checked my account balance today and all they took off me was €1, has this happened anyone or will they take the full amount in a day or two?

Mods should probably move this to Bargain Alerts :D

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭gunning84

infacteh wrote: »
    Mods should probably move this to Bargain Alerts :D

Yeah would be a good bargain alright, I'll be back with an oil tanker in the morningðŸ˜႒

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Peanut2011

There was a scam in operation a while back where the pumps like that were targeted. The reason for that was to do with the way the machine operates. it checks for a €1 credit and then allows you to top up.

The scam worked on the pre-paid tickets where they only had a €1 balance and were filling in as much as they could.

Hopefully that was changed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Consider yourself lucky. Sometimes the machines will block the full amount the pump will dispense in one go which when fuel was cheap was €100 no idea what it is now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

The statement shows the actual price of the petrol you bought.....the rest is tax......;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

This kind of thing is pretty standard when using credit and debit cards at all kinds of retail outlets. It's known in the trade as an Authorisation Hold, and may be small, as in this case, or not-quite-so-small.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭gunning84

Yeah that sounds about right the rest been tax :)... Well they came back for the rest today anyway so that clears that up, sound for the advice lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,896 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

These payment glitches are common enough. The best one recently was the pay-in ATM at my branch of BoI, where it credited me with twice the amount. This happened two weeks in a row. On each occasion it was a good couple of days before the system reconciled the figures and it's just as well I realised what was happening.
    Not much point spending money they'll just want back.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

Advertisement