Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good running shoes

• 17-09-2013 8:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭

Need good running shoes. I'm partial to Nike as they've always done me well, bar 'running' shoes like shox. Any solid recommendations for under €100?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭dylbert

You need to get gait checked, the best shoe will depend on you running style, most elverys do gait analysis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,648 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

You'd be well advised to get a gait analysis done. By the time gait analysis had become relatively easy to get done, i'd already done the damage by running in poxy runners for too long. It's a personal thing as well...I've always liked the comfort and fit of Asics but to each his own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭LCD

www.amphibianking.ie

Have been to this crowd for gait analysis. Staff in shop have actually been for a run!

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Moved this to A&R btw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Babooshka

You'd be well advised to get a gait analysis done. By the time gait analysis had become relatively easy to get done, i'd already done the damage by running in poxy runners for too long. It's a personal thing as well...I've always liked the comfort and fit of Asics but to each his own.

Can I just ask something, and I don't mean it as a facecious question, if some people run in their bare feet...which I would find immensely uncomfortable to do that....how can people run in "poxy" runners and damage their feet, yet run in bare feet and have it recommended? I am just wondering as I've been running in a long overdue old pair of Reeboks and I am not sure I notice the shock etc coming through, so it's all a bit confusing!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,531 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Babooshka wrote: »
    Can I just ask something, and I don't mean it as a facecious question, if some people run in their bare feet...which I would find immensely uncomfortable to do that....how can people run in "poxy" runners and damage their feet, yet run in bare feet and have it recommended? I am just wondering as I've been running in a long overdue old pair of Reeboks and I am not sure I notice the shock etc coming through, so it's all a bit confusing!!
    Maybe some people who run in bare feet are 'not all there'? :)

Alternatively, think of it like this: running shoes all come in different shapes, sizes and angles. If you are running in a pair of shoes in which the shape, size or angle do not suit you/your running style/your gait, then you are creating abnormal stress on your limbs ankle and feet. This obviously wouldn't happen if you were running barefoot, but you would have alternative considerations, like the jar'ing impact of the road, dangerous debris, wear and tear on your skin, etc.

When our lower limbs were designed/evolved, there were no roads. There was no concrete. There were no glass bottles. If we ever return to a world where we all run on grassy plains and trails all of the time, I'll be the first one casting my running shoes into the sea.

Maybe some people who run in bare feet are 'not all there'? :)

Alternatively, think of it like this: running shoes all come in different shapes, sizes and angles. If you are running in a pair of shoes in which the shape, size or angle do not suit you/your running style/your gait, then you are creating abnormal stress on your limbs ankle and feet. This obviously wouldn't happen if you were running barefoot, but you would have alternative considerations, like the jar'ing impact of the road, dangerous debris, wear and tear on your skin, etc.

When our lower limbs were designed/evolved, there were no roads. There was no concrete. There were no glass bottles. If we ever return to a world where we all run on grassy plains and trails all of the time, I'll be the first one casting my running shoes into the sea.

Thanks for the response, makes sense!! I did also see wierd looking running "shoes" that looked more like socks on a trip abroad recently too...I don't know if people run in bare feet or not it's just something I had read about there being a craze on it lately (that probably means 2 people did it!:)) I think I will get my gait measured soon so. Running in those old things is probably causing my feet damage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,531 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Babooshka wrote: »
    Thanks for the response, makes sense!! I did also see wierd looking running "shoes" that looked more like socks on a trip abroad recently too...I don't know if people run in bare feet or not it's just something I had read about there being a craze on it lately (that probably means 2 people did it!:)) I think I will get my gait measured soon so. Running in those old things is probably causing my feet damage.
    That'll be the Vibram Five Fingers. Part of the minimalist running craze (and there are many proponents). I'm kind of leaning that way myself and wear pretty minimalist shoes, though not as minimalist as the Vibrams.

That'll be the Vibram Five Fingers. Part of the minimalist running craze (and there are many proponents). I'm kind of leaning that way myself and wear pretty minimalist shoes, though not as minimalist as the Vibrams.

That'd be them alright!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

I'm kind of leaning that way myself and wear pretty minimalist shoes, though not as minimalist as the Vibrams.

Are these yours KC ;)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS46EFNW62B4BIDy3wqXvjuxkMj5ZdohiFYPbg2sSifPfRSmxLD

• Advertisement
Advertisement