Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem adding Credit card to Xbox Live

Options
  • 17-09-2013 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭

Hi

I wonder if anyone else is having problems adding a credit card to their Xbox account, I tried on the web and also on the Xbox 360, or if you have added a credit card how do you completed the fields below, the fields I see and how I complete them are:

Credit card type: Visa
    Credit card number: 1111111
    Expiration date: 01/18
    CVV: 123
    Address line 1: 1 My address
    Address line 2: MyArea
    City: Dublin
    District: Tried blank and Dublin again
    Postal Code: 24 and also tried D24
    Phone Number: 0871234567
    Country/Region: Ireland (cannot change it)

When I click save I get error "We can't authorize the payment method. Please make sure the information is correct, or use another payment method. If you continue to get this message, please contact your financial institution."

I contacted credit card company and they see the request from Microsoft for €1 and they Authorize, I also tried with an AIB visa debit and I can see on my account a pending transaction for €1 MSFT *BILLING but disappears after a few days.

I check online statement for Visa Debit and Visa credit and enter all the exact same details as they show but still same error.

Any ideas, I contacted microsoft but not help at all.

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 22 james.deeen

just use paypal......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Already tried paypal but also get an error

"Unable to complete your request
    The reward method you chose is not authorised. Please use another reward method to request your cashback reward. If you get this message multiple times, contact customer support.
    Message 8017 "

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭dubaicentral

It could be one of a couple of things. You might have an outstanding balance on the account (usually two months xbox live) and this needs to be transferred over to your new card before you can add the new payment option or the system is acting up for some reason.

Either way ring up support and they should be able to add the new card for you and transfer any existing balance over if there is one. If there isn't a balance owed and they add the card you should be good to go, otherwise its an issue for your bank.

It could be one of a couple of things. You might have an outstanding balance on the account (usually two months xbox live) and this needs to be transferred over to your new card before you can add the new payment option or the system is acting up for some reason.

Either way ring up support and they should be able to add the new card for you and transfer any existing balance over if there is one. If there isn't a balance owed and they add the card you should be good to go, otherwise its an issue for your bank.

Hi dubaicentral

thanks for the info, no there was nothing outstanding, the xbox live in the account was expired at the time.

I contacted support a few times over last 3 months, they asked me to wait till August26th as they could see a change of region and my region was set to US even that when adding Credit card I could see country as Ireland, even after 3 months still same issue, I contacted credit card company who said credit card were ok (Visa and Visa Debit) and they could see the €1 authorization charge from Miscosoft and were accepted.

What I noticed is that when I go to Billing History in the Xbox I have IE - Personal Account, GB - Personal Account and US - Personal Account I wonder if that's causing the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Gweedling

Yup, two seperate billing accounts is what's causing it. XBL thinks you're american, and so gets confused when you try to add an Irish card. Won't let you add a card from a different region. Sign into Xbox.com, click "my account", then down the bottom right it'll say "change Xbox account region". Change it to Irish then you should be set. You said you spoke to support before but they were no use, what happened?

• Advertisement

Gweedling wrote: »
    Yup, two seperate billing accounts is what's causing it. XBL thinks you're american, and so gets confused when you try to add an Irish card. Won't let you add a card from a different region. Sign into Xbox.com, click "my account", then down the bottom right it'll say "change Xbox account region". Change it to Irish then you should be set. You said you spoke to support before but they were no use, what happened?

When I go to add credit card the account shows as Ireland, I already tried to change region and get message "There’s a problem completing your move right now. Please check the Region Change Support Page to make sure it will work for you, and try again later." not sure if it's because regios is already Ireland or something else.

When I contacted xbox support they try the same as I already had, after a while they say they will investigate and contact me back, but when they do they just ask me to do the same changes again.

Advertisement