Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Important Post

Options
  • 17-09-2013 8:58pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Right, on advancing from week 2 the CPU has hoovered up some guys.

We have 2 options - Please vote and thank the post accordingly

Option 1
    We are going to start the league on Friday, therefore we will do a FA pickup free for all essentially.

Tomorrow from 7pm - 10pm you can pick up 1 player only

I will advance the league to pre-season week 4 at 10pm sharp

On Thursday from 7pm - 10pm you can pick up 1 player only
    I will advance to the league proper at 10pm and we can get this show on the road.

Apologies for the messing around, but the CPU issues have not helped

Option 2
    we start a new league, We wait until everyone joins,but ultimately we still have 8 CPU teams so some players may still get picked up

We'd not start then until next week at some point

Who ever is in the lead by 5pm tomorrow we're taking that option.

Please pick which option you want to go for 6 votes

Option 1
    0% 0 votes
    Option 2
    100% 6 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

At the end of the day, the CPU teams are the worst teams in the league, so they need the players more than our teams do, I know that isnt the way it should be but jesus we need to start the league as soon as possible.

or Option 3, scrap the current franchise and make everybody join by Friday, then advance to league 1 and see if we can get some lads from PFL to babysit a few teams for us so the CPU doesn't bollox free agency?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    At the end of the day, the CPU teams are the worst teams in the league, so they need the players more than our teams do, I know that isnt the way it should be but jesus we need to start the league as soon as possible.

Not really true. My team needs some holes filled with FA would have done and alleviated some cap issues too (ahead of my awesome cap room next season!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

I agree with option1 but could we say 10:30 for advancement? Just I don't get home until 10:20 tomorrow night?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

or Option 3, scrap the current franchise and make everybody join by Friday, then advance to league 1 and see if we can get some lads from PFL to babysit a few teams for us so the CPU doesn't bollox free agency?

sorry that is option 2,i just didnt explain it well :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Why not do 2 rounds of FA before the first advance?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Not everyone has joined

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

When you start a new franchise can you sign free agents before you advance the league to pre season week 1?

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

At the end of the day, the CPU teams are the worst teams in the league, so they need the players more than our teams do,QUOTE]

I have to disagree Mikey, The middle of the Colts defence is like a wet paper bag, The Bills CPU ran through me for fun last night no matter what i tried, and their Defence was tough to break down and they've now enhanced that with some FA's that i had my eye on which in turn leaves me screwd unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Scrap it and start again. It's gone a bit messy now for option one with CPU teams hoovering up free agents that human players could do with. Those picking near the bottom of the draft/top of free agency could really use those players especially.

Mikey's option three, with the possibility of getting some of the PFL lads to join and man the CPU teams to ensure they don't take the free agents, seems best IMO.

Everyone join by Friday, if you're not in by then tough, you miss out on your free agent.

Skip pre-season altogether if possible and if not just sim it. With the 53 man rosters and the week 1 and 2 updates there's no need for it.

Start week 1 of the season proper on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

We need to know if we can get the 8 cpu teams babysat first before voting otherwise itll be nearly the same outcome with the new league and well have lost a weeks game time.
    For myself it didnt seem a huge deal whether we get fa or not,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭Raoul

I think we should:

Start a new franchise!

Have the FA round 1 tomorrow, have round 2 on Thursday. After all picks are made do a free for all and then advance right to the start of the league.

We knew that they CPU would start picking up players as soon as we advanced? :s Thought that was the reason for holding off.

EDIT - Some people will miss out but they can always have a look at the Madden site and pick their players through there. Make a post. Really I think it is the best way. Waiting for everyone to get joined up is a pain, same with getting the PFL guys on board. We need to get down to the games by Friday for me or else it is just going to be an even bigger mess.

Paully D wrote: »
    Scrap it and start again. It's gone a bit messy now for option one with CPU teams hoovering up free agents that human players could do with. Those picking near the bottom of the draft/top of free agency could really use those players especially.

Mikey's option three, with the possibility of getting some of the PFL lads to join and man the CPU teams to ensure they don't take the free agents, seems best IMO.

Everyone join by Friday, if you're not in by then tough, you miss out on your free agent.

Skip pre-season altogether if possible and if not just sim it. With the 53 man rosters and the week 1 and 2 updates there's no need for it.

Start week 1 of the season proper on Monday.

Yep, this.

Lets do this.

the PFL guys have helped, Raoul is creating the new league, he'll post login info and then we'll get cracking.

Advertisement