If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Smart TV ??? help - Suggestions needed

Options
  • 17-09-2013 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭

ok, 

as the title suggests - we want/need a new TV. 

given the size of the room we've decided 42inch is the max screen size we would like to have as we dont want the TV to dominate the room. We have had a look around today and ideally we'd like to have the TV last as long as possible with as thin a bevel as possible, Samsung/LG seem to be the most recommended.

Its going to be wall mounted and we hope to store the TV vertically so the bracket must allow for the TV to turn in this way, and it needs to come out from the wall for viewing.

We've also heard current LED tv's are not the best in terms of sound - so would be interested to hear if you would recommend also purchasing a soundbar ? (there might be times when herself will want to watch the soaps from the kitchen - which is approx 25-30feet away from the TV), house is open plan so living room is approx 12x22feet....with the couch approx 10/12feet from where we want to mount the TV.

budget is negotiable but ideally we'd like to spend less than 1K - the two models we were looking closely at today were the Samsung F8000 40inch and the LG 860W 42inch (only available in Curry's/PC World according to LG website).

Samsung has optional upgrade pack - looks sleeker, has active 3G (not sure if we prefer active or passive) but is "B" rated for energy - which means overall higher bills and overall cost is approx €1450/€1500ish 

LG is "A+" rated for energy so cheaper bills, is cheaper approx €1100ish,  screen is 42inch.

our usage of the TV will mainly just be watching tv shows and movies and maybe play with apps, we like the idea of the upgrade pack so the TV software/features can be upgraded without buying a new TV, is this something other TV makers are likely to do and if so ...are they simply gimmicky or just offering customers the chance to stay loyal at minimal expense. (would appreciate your opinions here)

Ideally we'd go with the samsung but the price and energy rating are fairly bad sticking points .... especially when the LG is very similarly spec'd and cheaper.

We will be changing from a CRT tv - yes there are still a few around - ours is currently flicking green/blue, which is prompting our decision to purchase !!

Oh ! We have Free-to-air, but have been told that some LED tv's have capability of simply plugging the satellite in and TV stations - we do not have a Saorview box.

I have also read online that Samsung have a deal with RTE for the RTE player so thats another plus from them - none of the sales reps today could say if any of the other TV makers have any deal arranged or not - and does that make a difference ??

Anyhoo .... if you can recommend a good quality TV 40-42inch (or maybe slightly less) - smart/3D ?? which is similarly spec'd to the two mentioned above or if you can beat their prices and/or suggest accessories (we will only be attaching a DVD player and satellite box - if needed).

and ...Thanks (for simply reading the whole lot of this) and super thanks for any suggestions/help you guys can offer, we've been reading how helpful you guys are on the many threads in this forum)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi there, thanks for the post and the info within it.

There are a lot of options for you to consider.

We have a model from LG which on paper looks identical to the Currys model.

It's called a LG 42LA740V.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/lg/42la740v/lg-42la740v

This is currently priced at £899.95 and comes with a 5 year guarantee.

Delivery of this would work out at £29.95. This would come in at 1135 Euro and would include 5 year warranty and delivery.

I would consider this over the Samsung as the LG is an extremely good TV for the money and for the difference would allow you to go for a decent sound bar which I feel is a must with modern day TV's.

The Samsung does have RTE player but this is something that may come on line with other manufacturers and can be added by a software upload to the TV done over wifi. For me it's not a deal breaker.

The Samsung would have better picture but for me the cost price difference is better spent on better sound.

The LG comes with the magic remote which makes using the smart features very easy and Samsung don't really have anything similar.

The passive 3D vs active - Passive for me offers slightly lesser performance but the benefits of not having to charge the glasses, feed them batteries, spend more when they are broken etc etc outweighs the slight drop in 3D effect.

A bracket would cost around £89.95 if you want the TV to go fairly flat and then pull out at an angle. This bracket would also tilt. This would be a good bracket made by Alphason.

I hope this helps on the TV side but let me know what you think and if you can let me know if you are looking to wall mount the soundbar as well as it may determine which bar you go for.

Many thanks

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

would this LG work using freesat ? (I have been told our "free to air" is actually known as "freesat" in the TV selling world) - so were looking for a smart tv which is freesat compatible ? 

Other requirements

- 40ish inches
    - wall mountable (all of them are these days - with wall brackets)
    - smart TV
    - 3D (not necessary)
    - does not suffer motion blur (I know this was a problem a number of years ago with the plasma's but hopefully nowadays that isn't an issue - I have read that different manufacturers use their own methods for refresh rate so its impossible to compare like with like - ie. 50hz, 100hz etc)

Also - if we purchase with you guys, do you install the bracket/tv on the wall ? what would be the best price for a LG 740V and wall bracket which allows for the TV to come out from the wall (elbow joint I think its called) and swivel (the plan is to store the tv in the upright position on the wall so need the bracket to twist and not simply tilt like a lot of them do) 
    We have decided to let the sound bar go for now (but if you could quote for with the soundbar and without) - that would be great.

Delivery to Enfield, Meath.

At the moment your pricing approx €1150-€1250ish for TV with bracket and delivery is on a par with another supplier offering a slightly higher spec TV - so help me give you the money - I'd much rather give you guys the money but only of its the best deal for me and my wife.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Corkbah wrote: »
    would this LG work using freesat ? (I have been told our "free to air" is actually known as "freesat" in the TV selling world) - so were looking for a smart tv which is freesat compatible ? 

Other requirements

- 40ish inches
    - wall mountable (all of them are these days - with wall brackets)
    - smart TV
    - 3D (not necessary)
    - does not suffer motion blur (I know this was a problem a number of years ago with the plasma's but hopefully nowadays that isn't an issue - I have read that different manufacturers use their own methods for refresh rate so its impossible to compare like with like - ie. 50hz, 100hz etc)

Also - if we purchase with you guys, do you install the bracket/tv on the wall ? what would be the best price for a LG 740V and wall bracket which allows for the TV to come out from the wall (elbow joint I think its called) and swivel (the plan is to store the tv in the upright position on the wall so need the bracket to twist and not simply tilt like a lot of them do) 
    We have decided to let the sound bar go for now (but if you could quote for with the soundbar and without) - that would be great.

Delivery to Enfield, Meath.

At the moment your pricing approx €1150-€1250ish for TV with bracket and delivery is on a par with another supplier offering a slightly higher spec TV - so help me give you the money - I'd much rather give you guys the money but only of its the best deal for me and my wife.
    The 42LA740 does have a 'free to Air' satellite decoder built in, but it is not Freesat HD which is a specific make up of tuner and interface which only gains approval from Freesat HD - if you are for a Freesat HD model then I would opt either for the Samsung 40F8000 - we can do that at €1399.99,
    if you liked the LG with its slightly larger screen then we can offer the 42LA740 at €1079.99 - however to complicate things further if it was me I would go for a completely different model - the Panasonic TXL42FT60 which is a 42" LED with a dedicated Freesat HD tuner - this unit is £899.95 / €1049.99. have a look at the TV spec here: http://www.panasonic.co.uk/html/en_GB/Products/VIERA+Flat+Screen+TV/Smart+VIERA+LED+TV/TX-L42FT60B/Overview/12204598/index.html

The 42FT60 has Panasonic's 1600Hz motion processing technology built in - whilst the Samsung is 1000Hz - so in theory the on-screen movement should be superb ( I have seen the FT series and they are excellent!)

On your other queries:

We can install no problem but it is not included in the above price - generally we charge €67/hour for installs and overall cost really depends on the difficulty of the install, ie is there power and signal at the location or does this have to be provided, do you need all cables hidden in the wall, you will have to check that your wall is suitable for wall mounting a TV on an articulated bracket - ie we would not normally mount a large screen TV on a stud wall, unless we can find suitable support to ensure that it is safe in all instances etc.

The best wall bracket for a slim-line wall mounted TV is in our view a Alphason, this is a quality slim-line bracket - best pricing is €94 for the Alphason.

On the soundbar issue - there is a myriad of bars available - the most popular and one of the best budget bars is the Yamaha YAS101 at £199.95 / €239.99 which is really slim and sounds excellent - see details here: http://www.richersounds.com/product/soundbars/yamaha/yas101/yama-yas101 - if you wanted a bar which will improve the audio but not blow you away, we also have the Philips HTL2100 at just £69.95/€84.99: http://www.richersounds.com/product/soundbars/philips/htl2100/phil-htl2100

Delivery for all the above to Enfield would be approx. £29.95 / €34.99 - if you were having it installed we would include delivery in the installation pricing.

I note that you say that you have had another quote 'on-par' with our previous quote, we are happy to price-beat any cheaper pricing subject to our T's and C's so if you would like to give us details of any cheaper prices we will happily do our best for you?

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks again ....I think its going to be either Samsung or LG - mainly due to their interfaces and apps.

the panasonic has bad reviews for apps (to be honest I don't know if its possible to add/delete apps or what the apps will actually do)

it does sound like a great TV, but isn't a great all-rounder - we're looking for something which will do us for a number of years (which is very difficult in this climate where everything is changing so fast), which is why we are currently looking at the high end of the scale - our thinking is that if we purchase near the high end then in 2yrs others will have caught up and in 4/5yrs we wont be very far behind (hopefully) ...and by year 7/8 we'll have enough money to do it all again.

Realistically we will probably upgrade in 4/5yrs.

One sales rep in a store we were in was saying that the Samsung expansion packs upgrade the software but the hardware attached is still the same - so if you upgrade the software (lets say for the motion sensor/camera) - you are not upgrading the camera so the sensitivity may not be completely compliant - is this something you would agree/disagree with (it was used to pitch the LG towards us), most of the shops we've been in have suggested the LG or the Samsung because they are the frontrunners....prior to the sales pitch I was leaning towards the Samsung because of the expansion pack and capability of upgrading software in 2+yrs - but the extra cost and energy efficiency rating (its a "B" compared to the LG "A+"). 

A tecchy that I know suggested that no matter what TV I get, if it has a built in tuner that we simply select UK as country and it should tune in the freesat channels for us - is this true or would the panasonic be the only option for us to receive Freesat TV ? 

Thanks again ....I think its going to be either Samsung or LG - mainly due to their interfaces and apps.

the panasonic has bad reviews for apps (to be honest I don't know if its possible to add/delete apps or what the apps will actually do)

it does sound like a great TV, but isn't a great all-rounder - we're looking for something which will do us for a number of years (which is very difficult in this climate where everything is changing so fast), which is why we are currently looking at the high end of the scale - our thinking is that if we purchase near the high end then in 2yrs others will have caught up and in 4/5yrs we wont be very far behind (hopefully) ...and by year 7/8 we'll have enough money to do it all again.

Realistically we will probably upgrade in 4/5yrs.

One sales rep in a store we were in was saying that the Samsung expansion packs upgrade the software but the hardware attached is still the same - so if you upgrade the software (lets say for the motion sensor/camera) - you are not upgrading the camera so the sensitivity may not be completely compliant - is this something you would agree/disagree with (it was used to pitch the LG towards us), most of the shops we've been in have suggested the LG or the Samsung because they are the frontrunners....prior to the sales pitch I was leaning towards the Samsung because of the expansion pack and capability of upgrading software in 2+yrs - but the extra cost and energy efficiency rating (its a "B" compared to the LG "A+"). 

A tecchy that I know suggested that no matter what TV I get, if it has a built in tuner that we simply select UK as country and it should tune in the freesat channels for us - is this true or would the panasonic be the only option for us to receive Freesat TV ? 
    Without actually looking at each of these TV's working from the same source - you honestly cannot do an A/B comparison - however the three TV's are all excellent - there really isn't a bad one among them and certainly the Panasonic isn't a bad TV, Panasonic don't concentrate on Apps, however Apps are really in reality, in-frequently used, and in no way are any indication of picture quality - in my opinion when it comes to picture and especially Audio quality I'd rate the Panasonic above the Samsung and the LG, but that's just my opinion!

On your philosophy regarding upgrade - really every TV will be outmoded within 24 months against the latest models - that's the speed of progress at the moment - especially with 4K screens becoming more popular and affordable at the moment - however again at some stage you have to make a move and take the plunge, otherwise you will still have your Tube TV in a years time - the upside for early adaptors is that at least you will enjoy the enhanced quality for the longest time.

On the Samsung expansion packs, yes they cannot update the hardware - and the packs are quite expensive, but it is a relatively new departure and at least one manufacturer is attempting to enhance legacy models - however most manufacturers do operate a policy of firmware upgrades to maintain performance and iron out bugs across the life of most newer models.

On the energy ratings - yes the Samsung isn't as energy efficient as the LG or the Panasonic and you will have to take this into account and decide how much this will cost across the lifetime of your TV.

On the Freesat HD issue, only the Samsung and the Panasonic had a Freesat HD tuner built in, the LG isn't Freesat HD certified - the LG will still allow you to receive satellite stations but won't have the Freesat HD interface , (which is an excellent interface). If you are using Freesat HD - you have to select a UK postcode to enable you to watch region specific content - the region selected then determines the default station listing on your satellite tuner - to restate, either the Samsung or the Panasonic have Freesat HD tuners included.

Hope this is of some use and not just confusing matters further?

Keep us posted if we can assist,

Best regards,

John McDonald

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

ok - so can you give me a quote for the Samsung and a wall bracket which will allow it to be stored flush against the wall (with the option of turning the unit vertical - if thats possible - the idea is that if its turned vertical and livingroom curtains are opened - it cannot be seen from outside) 

For delivery to Enfield, Meath to include fitting of the mount/tv onto the wall - there will be a need to hide some cables in the wall, will the person fitting it be capable of doing this (and not leaving a mess or holes which need to be covered)

Do we need any cables ? we only have a DVD player and Sat Tuner (but will not need the Sat tuner after installation) if so, would it be possible to throw in at least one Samsung HDMI 1m cable (CYSHC1010D) - just incase we need it further down the line.

ok - so can you give me a quote for the Samsung and a wall bracket which will allow it to be stored flush against the wall (with the option of turning the unit vertical - if thats possible - the idea is that if its turned vertical and livingroom curtains are opened - it cannot be seen from outside) 

For delivery to Enfield, Meath to include fitting of the mount/tv onto the wall - there will be a need to hide some cables in the wall, will the person fitting it be capable of doing this (and not leaving a mess or holes which need to be covered)

Do we need any cables ? we only have a DVD player and Sat Tuner (but will not need the Sat tuner after installation) if so, would it be possible to throw in at least one HDMI cable - just incase we need it further down the line.
    Corkbah,

many thanks for the post:

the 40F8000 is currently €1399.99 and the Alphason Articulated bracket is €94 - therefore the two units together are €1493.99.

If you are having the TV installed then I cannot give you a firm price as the install is priced based on time (as above at €67/hour) - If you are having the TV installed we include delivery in the installation charge which gives you a small saving.

If you want a firm price on install then we can do a site visit which in your area is covered by the standard €67 charge and we can give you a firm price if you are concerned about the final price.

The things that you will need to watch out for if you are having a TV installed for the 1st time are :

1. Is there power behind where the TV is to be installed - if not can you get it to there easily? Of course this really is a basic requirement for any TV install

2. Is there TV signal (ie Saorview / Satellite / Sky etc) present behind where you want your TV installed? If not can you get it to there easily?

3. If the answer to any of the above is No, (ie if the power or signal is not immediately to hand) the you will have to consider if you want to have the cables brought to the TV and covered by decorative trunking which is relatively inexpensive and relatively easily installed or if you want the cables hidden then you will almost certainly have to have holes in your wall ( if the wall is a stud) to allow the cables to be fished through - which can be repaired or if the wall is a solid wall then the wall will have to be 'chased' ie a section has to be taken out of the wall to allow the cables to be run through the wall in a conduit and subsequently the wall will have to be repaired and re-plastered. We frequently get Customers who want the TV installed on a wall where there is no power or signal and cannot understand that we have to make some mess to get the cables there. Trunking can look really well if you don't want to redecorate immediately and the next time you are 'doing-up' the room, you can take the opportunity and hide the cables.

4. In cable terms, you will probably need a new HDMI lead for your DVD player (assuming of course that it's a newish model) - decent HDMI start at about £11/ €13 - and you will need a decent RF cable to link your TV to your signal / NTL/ Satellite - again a decent RF cable is approx. £8 / €9.50 - however we normally carry a selection of cables so you can decide that when you are having your install done..

5. If you are using an artic bracket you will have to decide if your wall is strong enough to take the weight of the TV when it's extended on the bracket - if we visit an install and we feel that the wall is not suitable we may decline the install on safety grounds.

Sorry if we appear 'killjoys' but it's important to prepare for a professional install properly and unfortunately it's impossible to hide cables without one of the two D's - Damage or Disguise!

Keep us posted if we can assist and if you would like to mail us some details / photos etc we would be able to give you a firmer fix on install price or of course we will happily visit and give you a fixed price,

Thanks again,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Do we need any cables ? we only have a DVD player and Sat Tuner (but will not need the Sat tuner after installation) if so, would it be possible to throw in at least one HDMI cable - just incase we need it further down the line.
    Corkbah,

the 40F8000 is currently €1399.99 and the Alphason Articulated bracket is €94 - therefore the two units together are €1493.99.

If you are having the TV installed then I cannot give you a firm price as the install is priced based on time (as above at €67/hour) - If you are having the TV installed we include delivery in the installation charge which gives you a small saving.

If you want a firm price on install then we can do a site visit which in your area is covered by the standard €67 charge and we can give you a firm price if you are concerned about the final price.

The things that you will need to watch out for if you are having a TV installed for the 1st time are :

1. Is there power behind where the TV is to be installed - if not can you get it to there easily? Of course this really is a basic requirement for any TV install

2. Is there TV signal (ie Saorview / Satellite / Sky etc) present behind where you want your TV installed? If not can you get it to there easily?

3. If the answer to any of the above is No, (ie if the power or signal is not immediately to hand) the you will have to consider if you want to have the cables brought to the TV and covered by decorative trunking which is relatively inexpensive and relatively easily installed or if you want the cables hidden then you will almost certainly have to have holes in your wall ( if the wall is a stud) to allow the cables to be fished through - which can be repaired or if the wall is a solid wall then the wall will have to be 'chased' ie a section has to be taken out of the wall to allow the cables to be run through the wall in a conduit and subsequently the wall will have to be repaired and re-plastered. We frequently get Customers who want the TV installed on a wall where there is no power or signal and cannot understand that we have to make some mess to get the cables there. Trunking can look really well if you don't want to redecorate immediately and the next time you are 'doing-up' the room, you can take the opportunity and hide the cables.

4. In cable terms, you will probably need a new HDMI lead for your DVD player (assuming of course that it's a newish model) - decent HDMI start at about £11/ €13 - and you will need a decent RF cable to link your TV to your signal / NTL/ Satellite - again a decent RF cable is approx. £8 / €9.50 - however we normally carry a selection of cables so you can decide that when you are having your install done..

5. If you are using an artic bracket you will have to decide if your wall is strong enough to take the weight of the TV when it's extended on the bracket - if we visit an install and we feel that the wall is not suitable we may decline the install on safety grounds.

Sorry if we appear 'killjoys' but it's important to prepare for a professional install properly and unfortunately it's impossible to hide cables without one of the two D's - Damage or Disguise!

Keep us posted if we can assist and if you would like to mail us some details / photos etc we would be able to give you a firmer fix on install price or of course we will happily visit and give you a fixed price,

Thanks again,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Thanks very much for the quick response - there is a TV (CRT) in the area at the moment which is hooked up to the satellite so satellite signal/Saorview signal are there - as is power (plugs).

The wall which we intend mounting the bracket is suitable for the TV - not sure of the correct terminology but the wall is one of the main four walls which make a house and its not the fireplace (if my memory is right you can't or shouldn't mount a TV on the fireplace - not sure where I got that but anyway its not a fireplace wall its one of the main walls)

I will have no problem if upon inspection that the installer says its a no-go (I will eat humble pie given my last paragraph and will apologise to you on boards if I'm wrong) - we will be getting a sideboard unit for below the space so if the wall is unsuitable the top of the unit will be big enough.

About the price - while it is extremely competitive and better than most out there, I have found a place in England which appears to do a better deal, being a boardsie I would prefer dealing with you guys, can I email/PM you the details.

Corkbah,

Thanks again,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Thanks very much for the quick response - there is a TV (CRT) in the area at the moment which is hooked up to the satellite so satellite signal/Saorview signal are there - as is power (plugs).

The wall which we intend mounting the bracket is suitable for the TV - not sure of the correct terminology but the wall is one of the main four walls which make a house and its not the fireplace (if my memory is right you can't or shouldn't mount a TV on the fireplace - not sure where I got that but anyway its not a fireplace wall its one of the main walls)

I will have no problem if upon inspection that the installer says its a no-go (I will eat humble pie given my last paragraph and will apologise to you on boards if I'm wrong) - we will be getting a sideboard unit for below the space so if the wall is unsuitable the top of the unit will be big enough.

About the price - while it is extremely competitive and better than most out there, I have found a place in England which appears to do a better deal, being a boardsie I would prefer dealing with you guys, can I email/PM you the details.
    No problem - you can email me personally to johnmc@richersounds.ie and I'll revert on the pricebeat - No apologies needed on the install - its a minefield!! On the power / satellite signal location - are they are the height you need the TV installed at or at skirting level?

Keep me posted,

John Mc

Corkbah,

Thanks again,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

No problem - you can email me personally to johnmc@richersounds.ie and I'll revert on the pricebeat - No apologies needed on the install - its a minefield!! On the power / satellite signal location - are they are the height you need the TV installed at or at skirting level?

Keep me posted,

John Mc
    Will send email in a few mins - the power/satellite input are about a foot above skirting board, might have to check with the Mrs about moving them up to where the TV will be mounted - I know we wanted the cabling to be as hidden as possible so we might have to move them to facilitate the TV - but we might get that done after the tv is mounted.

• Advertisement

Corkbah,

Thanks again,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Keep me posted,

John Mc
    Will send email in a few mins - the power/satellite input are about a foot above skirting board, might have to check with the Mrs about moving them up to where the TV will be mounted - I know we wanted the cabling to be as hidden as possible so we might have to move them to facilitate the TV - but we might get that done after the tv is mounted.
    Thanks for your price-beat information, unfortunately we cannot price beat the reliant direct price as they are only offering a 3 year warranty whilst we offer a 5 year warranty - they also do not deliver to Ireland - it's UK only - I appreciate you can have it delivered to a UK Address and collect it from there - however there is a real business cost in getting an expensive TV delivered from the UK to Enfield..

I appreciate it if you would like to save the extra few quid and source it at the very cheapest advertised price but unfortunately their offer is not like for like - if you would like an idea of our general T's and C's on pricebeats have a look here: http://www.richersounds.com/information/pricebeat

Thanks again and keep us posted,

John Mc & Crew

Corkbah,

Thanks again,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Keep me posted,

John Mc
    Thanks for your price-beat information, unfortunately we cannot price beat the reliant direct price as they are only offering a 3 year warranty whilst we offer a 5 year warranty - they also do not deliver to Ireland - it's UK only - I appreciate you can have it delivered to a UK Address and collect it from there - however there is a real business cost in getting an expensive TV delivered from the UK to Enfield..

I appreciate it if you would like to save the extra few quid and source it at the very cheapest advertised price but unfortunately their offer is not like for like - if you would like an idea of our general T's and C's on pricebeats have a look here: http://www.richersounds.com/information/pricebeat

John Mc & Crew
    would you be able to match or at least get closer to the price available through them - they were also offering 2 extra pairs of glasses as well as a cheaper price (and improved cheaper price with the discount code)

Corkbah,

Thanks again,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Keep me posted,

John Mc

John Mc & Crew
    would you be able to match or at least get closer to the price available through them - they were also offering 2 extra pairs of glasses as well as a cheaper price (and improved cheaper price with the discount code)
    Unfortunately not - if you can find an advertised price in Ireland from an authorised Samsung dealer, or a company who will deliver to you in Enfield including a 5 year warranty (with the product in stock) at our quoted price of €1399 then we will happily price beat it... Generally the keenest price I can see locally is about €1550 excluding delivery and also excluding a 5 year warranty.

Apologies I cant be more helpful, we operate on slim margins on TV unfortunately!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

after many games of paper-scissors-rock and me really fighting to pay the extra (approx €200) for the convenience of a company that I trust, my wife has asked me to try once more to get something extra (extra 3D glasses, Samsung HDMI Cable ...anything)......I also promise to purchase another Samsung product from you within 28days ...lol

if you guys can do this I have been authorised by herself to complete the sale (all by my lonesome !!) 

after many games of paper-scissors-rock and me really fighting to pay the extra (approx €200) for the convenience of a company that I trust, my wife has asked me to try once more to get something extra (extra 3D glasses, Samsung HDMI Cable ...anything)......I also promise to purchase another Samsung product from you within 28days ...lol

if you guys can do this I have been authorised by herself to complete the sale (all by my lonesome !!) 
    I know the feeling!

No problem throwing in a decent quality HDMI cable - over and above that I'm afraid that we're all out of margin :(

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

I know the feeling!

No problem throwing in a decent quality HDMI cable - over and above that I'm afraid that we're all out of margin :(

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    its something ... so looks like we have a deal 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Cork. If you can PM me a contact number, I'll give you a call and we can get the ball rolling.

We'll get the stock into Dublin in the next few days and then we can arrange the install for you.

Talk soon !

ATB

Dave

PM sent with phone number and name

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

PM sent with phone number and name
    Hi there,

Hopefully Dave has got back to ya.  If not let me know and we'll get you sorted.

Chris

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.