Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitness Classes Dublin

• 17-09-2013 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows of any prenatal weight style fitness classes? Like bodytone classes? Every search I do for prenatal fitness classes just throws up yoga and pilates! I'm after something a little bit more tough as I'm already quite strong and love doing weights!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Madisson

emz8 wrote: »
    Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows of any prenatal weight style fitness classes? Like bodytone classes? Every search I do for prenatal fitness classes just throws up yoga and pilates! I'm after something a little bit more tough as I'm already quite strong and love doing weights!

Thanks

I coudn't find a thing either, just had to adapt my own programme instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I doubt anywhere does them for insurance/health and safety reasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Doubt you will find anything that will aim to raise a pregnant woman's heartrate.

Jog?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭emz8

I hateeee jogging. I hate cardio full stop. I love weight training, such a shame no one does any for pregnant ladies! Think I'll just head along to some body pump classes. I have a HRM so I can keep an eye on it myself, would just love to have a little bit more guidance to make sure I'm doing everything in the best form possible

I hateeee jogging. I hate cardio full stop. I love weight training, such a shame no one does any for pregnant ladies! Think I'll just head along to some body pump classes. I have a HRM so I can keep an eye on it myself, would just love to have a little bit more guidance to make sure I'm doing everything in the best form possible

Im the exact same, the only changes i made was not to have the bench fully down cause youre not meant to lie on your back after 12 weeks, put the bench at a slight angle. When it comes to weights i did my exact same programme but I just havent tried to build muscle just maintain. So whatever weight you can do 12 reps of stay at that weight and increase the the reps rather than the weight itself. They say not to do squats or lunges but once you stay at a light weight and dont push yourself too hard theyre fine (well i found anyways) as it comes to the end though you will prob get back pain and the likes so working your back might hurt because your ligaments and tendons are more relaxed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭emz8

Madisson wrote: »
    Im the exact same, the only changes i made was not to have the bench fully down cause youre not meant to lie on your back after 12 weeks, put the bench at a slight angle. When it comes to weights i did my exact same programme but I just havent tried to build muscle just maintain. So whatever weight you can do 12 reps of stay at that weight and increase the the reps rather than the weight itself. They say not to do squats or lunges but once you stay at a light weight and dont push yourself too hard theyre fine (well i found anyways) as it comes to the end though you will prob get back pain and the likes so working your back might hurt because your ligaments and tendons are more relaxed.

Great advice with the reps. Total baby brain, didn't even think of that. If you've any more tips please share! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 activegal

www.babybodyfit.ie do ante-natal & post-natal fitness classes at several venues around the city/country...

Great advice with the reps. Total baby brain, didn't even think of that. If you've any more tips please share! :)

no prob, if you need anymore help just pm me :)... If youre not 100% that youre lifting right make sure you ask a pt in the gym because its so easy to hurt yourself when you're pregnant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Peri white

Yep babybodyfit do prenatal exercise - my friend did them and she said its all dumbbell work, loads of strength work, her arms were really toned afterwards

Advertisement