Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ride On Mower Jack

• 17-09-2013 9:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭

Hi,
    Started to self service my ride on, however am looking for some ideas on how to rise up or tilt the mower so I can easily access the blades.
    Any ideas or suggestions? There are several products (The MoJack etc) but are a bit expensive for a once a year job.
    Appreciate any ideas

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭brian_t

Is it not possible to disconnect the mower deck from machine, and service it and clean it that way.

You don't say what make you have.

You could try searching for "your machine" and "changing blades" on youtube.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭Blowheads

its a mountfield 1436h

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Get a set of car ramps, drive the front wheels up the ramps and jack the back up and put blocks under the rear wheels.
    Safe and cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭Blowheads

i had thought about that, but while I could drive the front wheels on the ramp it would not give me a whole lot of clearance underneath. Also what is the point of jacking the back up??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Blowheads wrote: »
    i had thought about that, but while I could drive the front wheels on the ramp it would not give me a whole lot of clearance underneath. Also what is the point of jacking the back up??
    To give you more clearance, front on ramp will give you about 30cm of lift, but the back will hang down and restrict access.
    If you jack the back and prop it you are unrestricted and can get right under the deck.

This is the way I do it to remove and sharpen blades, its either this way or drop the whole deck and take it out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement