Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Case Fans

• 17-09-2013 9:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I'm looking to add some more case fans to my Nanoxia Deep Silence 2 and was wondering if anyone had 2c they'd like to contribute.

HWVS have both their Nanoxia fans back in stock (140mm 1100RPM and 120mm 1300RPM) and from what I've heard of the existing 120mm case fans they're providing plenty of airflow with very little noise. From what I've been able to gather the 140mm fans should provide similar flow to the 120s despite the lesser RPM due to their larger size while being quieter, is that correct or would others disagree?

Alternatively are there other fans I should consider (preferably available on HWVS)?

[Edit] Bugger, wrong forum, can someone move this to Building and Upgrading?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

Generally if its for an unrestricted use (not trying to push through a radiator/heatsink) then 140's are a better balance of airflow vs noise. From personal experience I've used Noctua P14's but they are expensive, about €22 per fan. Currently have AF140's from Corsair in my build. Very happy indeed with the airflow and they are (to my ears at least) quieter than the Noctua's they replaced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

HWVS have both their Nanoxia fans back in stock
    HWVS have a flat €20 shipping, so unless you'll be buying them with the case order, maybe look at somewhere cheaper if only getting one or two? I've used QuitePC for case fans and a CPU cooler in the past, and have found their shipping cheap enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

the_syco wrote: »
    HWVS have a flat €20 shipping, so unless you'll be buying them with the case order, maybe look at somewhere cheaper if only getting one or two? I've used QuitePC for case fans and a CPU cooler in the past, and have found their shipping cheap enough.

Yeah I'll be picking them up as part of a larger order (about €200) so I'm not really that fussed the delivery.

Advertisement