Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visonic Powermax Complete GSM only

Options
  • 17-09-2013 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭

Hi,
    Currently we have a PowerMax Complete system connected to a monitoring station using the landline plus a GSM unit sending text to the keyholders.
    I want to get rid of the landline and use GSM only. I contacted the installer and was told this needed to be a call out to first remove the landline and then configure the GSM to be the primary contact.
    I suggested that perhaps the landline didn't need to be disconnected, that this should be a configuration job few minutes or even directions over the phone.

Is the installer correct, do I need a call out for all that or can I do it myself?
    Anyone done this before?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

its just a matter of programming out the central station numbersad making the GSM the only active modem.Easy enough for him to do over the phone with you if he wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Blowheads

Thanks KoolKid, thats what I thought, these lads are taking the p*ss

Are there any instructions on how to do this by myself?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Blowheads wrote: »
    Thanks KoolKid, thats what I thought, these lads are taking the p*ss

Are there any instructions on how to do this by myself?

Do you have access to the engineer menu?

I will check if its a default code and get back to you

unfortunately no access to installers menu so looks like I am suck with the original installer

• Advertisement

Blowheads wrote: »
    unfortunately no access to installers menu so looks like I am suck with the original installer

If you want to PM me the company I'll see what I can find re the code.

Advertisement