Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lidl tri suit

Options
  • 17-09-2013 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hey dudes anyone know if the lidl tri suit for twenty quid is a good buy?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭Daz1214

Not sure about the tri suit but ive had some of their cycling gear for about 2 years without any probs so if thats anythin to go by, should be fine

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Never worn one, but the ones I saw seemed a little thin. As long as its not see through in the butt when your cycling (a very bad look) it should do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

I have one a few years now and it still does the job - I don't wear it for races, i bring out the good tri suit for that but its great for the rare brick run I do in training

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Brick Session

I know the Op was about the Lidl Tri suits but I got the Aldi ones last year, also €20 each. One for me and one for my wife. Her one was fine, looks grand and does the job for the occasional tri that she will do. However, the mens one I got seems a little light on material and a bit see through. Only wore mine as a base layer in training to be honest. I suppose its worth taking it home, trying it on and being comfortable in it. If you are not happy with the quality, then Lidl are good for refunds I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Paddigol

Is there a Lidl one out at the moment or is it the Aldi one on the 26th that you're talking about? I was wondering the same thing about the Aldi one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

I got the Aldi one last year and, as posted above, found it very flimsy. The ar$e padding is a bit clumsy and its not very supportive in the eh, gentleman's area (Ladies ;)) so I found it impossible to run in.
    I use it for bike training but couldn't recommend it for anything else.
    The 2XU one from I picked up on sale from Wiggle for about twice the price is far superior and well worth the money.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Im looking at getting a 2xu because Ive heard great things and everyone seems to be wearing them. Anyone spot any bargains around?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

I hear there's a place in Galway that has 30% off their 2XU gear

*whistles innocently*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

I hear there's a place in Galway that has 30% off their 2XU gear

*whistles innocently*

These guys?? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

BTH wrote: »
    These guys?? :p

SNIP!!

What's that sound?