Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are my runners done?

Options
  • 17-09-2013 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,052 ✭✭✭✭

I am currently wearing a pair of Mizuno Wave inspire 9's. Find them perfect, I love them. I got them back in February and have worn them through training and the limerick marathon itself. I'm training for the DCM and have worn them all the time for that too.

Counted it up and looks like close to 700 miles since I got them, all road miles.
    IN the last week or so, I have noticed a pain in my knees and calves while running (its not and injury per se, I know my legs and they are just 'sore').
    Could it be that the cushioning is gone in my runners and they need to be replaced?

If so, is it too close to the DCM to break a new pair in? I would get a pair this week (first 20 mile is this Sunday but wouldn't wear them for that).

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

I would change asap, but then I never need much of a prompt :pac:
    Plenty of time to break in over the next 6 weeks.
    No harm in getting your gait analysed again while you're at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,052 ✭✭✭✭event

Cheers.
    Anyone know any stockists in the north east area? If not I may go up to AK on Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭pointer28

I was advised to rotate 2/3 pairs of shoes and never to wear the same pair two days in a row, and that this will increase the life of your shoes and reduce risk of injury.

The usual number touted is 500 miles for a pair of shoes but people who rotate them and allow the rubber in the soles to recover between sessions have reported much increased mileage before replacement.

Also, it allows you to have different shoes for different jobs, eg I have a heavily cushioned pair for LSR's and recovery runs, a midweight pair for longer races and interval sessions and a lightweight pair for 5/10k races. I also have a new pair of cushioned shoes just out of the box as there are 700k on my previous pair and I want the new ones broken in before DCM.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

event wrote: »
    If so, is it too close to the DCM to break a new pair in? I would get a pair this week (first 20 mile is this Sunday but wouldn't wear them for that).

Any thoughts?

As an avid Inspire runner myself, unless you have them completely dogged you will have no problem swapping out with a new pair. A couple of short runs in the new pair to loosen them up and straight into a long run with you! :cool:

Advertisement