Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC GSM-Q controlling the heating

Options
  • 17-09-2013 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I have a securewave sw 1070 with a GSM-Q gsm unit installed. I would like to use this to turn on the heating. The GSM card can output a 12 v signal to switch something.......

My heating timeswitch is a danfoss TS715

What would one need to be able to remotely switch the heating on but I still want to keep the timeswitch in place.

Anyone have a diagram or suggestion. I don't mind changing the danfoss timeswitch for another.

M

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Diggerdunne

Hi, from looking at the time clock your heating is all on one zone. By that i mean when you turn on the heating the water heats up and all the radiators. I have this setup at home but on a 3 zoned system. You need to run a cat 5 or alarm cable to the time clock from the alarm panel. This is to carry the 12v output from the alarm when u tx the heating to turn on. You also need a 12v to 230v relay. This will then turn on the time clock for you and hence turn on the boiler etc....
    I can give you more details if its easy for you to do as it may not be possible to get a cable from alarm panel to time clock...
    Hope this helps....

Advertisement