Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue with texting from O2 to Vodafone

Options
  • 17-09-2013 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭

I will begin by apologising if I have put this is the wrong place. I am an O2 customer (business account) with work phone. My sister has an account with Vodafone. Since I got an iPhone 4S about 1.5 years ago we have had issues with her not being able to hear me when I call her from time to time. Neither of us have this issue when we call anyone else.It's hit a new low now. I was on holiday and while I was away she got none of my texts. We decided it was because I was away but since I came home a week ago it's the same...

I get her texts but she is not getting any of mine...and this issue is not happening with anyone else I text!

O2 are saying its a Vidafone issue and guess what....Vodafone are blaming O2!!

Does anyone have any experience of this? Have any idea how I might get it sorted...O2 refused to talk to Vodafone for me!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

The issue can only lie with 02 as it is there message centre sending the SMS, Vodafone would not have visability to that.

Supply 02 with 3 very recent examples of messages not delivering and ask them to trace them, if they can't resolve it, they would pass the trace to Vodafone to investigate, but O2 need to make the first move here.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

O2 and Vodafone don't talk to each other on that level for a single subscriber issue. It would need to be tens of thousands of subscribers with the issue before they would begin a technical investigation.

It is most likely an O2 issue. If you cannot send to her, then it may be your profile either on the O2 HLR or else on the MMSC. It may be down to profile changes after you updated to the iPhone.

Try your sim in a different phone. That will rule out a handset issue.

If you can contact another Vodafone subscriber then it will be a very hard one to trace.

Other than that all you can do is hassle and chase O2 to resolve your issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to the Mobiles forum.

dudara

Advertisement