Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GTA V Driving Mechanics - what's your verdict?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

dreamers75 wrote: »
    My driving is fine, its the fcuking civilians that have the problems always getting in my way!!!!

The other drivers are lunatics! I got out of a clapped out car mid chase and people were just ploughing into me

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Boognish

not a huge fan of the driving but thankfully it's not a gamebreaker for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

krudler wrote: »
    stick some modded suspension and brakes on nearly anything and drifting is easy, and strangely I find it easier in the slower cars, they're more weighty. there's a focus looking car that's the job for chases, drift like a boss

There's a car that I thought looked a bit like a Golf GTi, and I thought it was great. fast, cornered well, nice easy to control drifting ... I wonder is it the same one. I really should have taken it to the garage to save. I'm sure I'll find it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭bitch please

My driving is fine, its the fcuking civilians that have the problems always getting in my way!!!!
    no thats one thing i like about this gta is that the AI has actually got some intelligence on the motorway not like IV on the bridge when your were goin flat out and all of a sudden everyone wanted to pull out in front you

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭bitch please

no thats one thing i like about this gta is that the AI has actually got some intelligence on the motorway not like IV on the bridge when your were goin flat out and all of a sudden everyone wanted to pull out in front you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,043 ✭✭✭circadian

Can't wait to tune up my Futo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

There's a car that I thought looked a bit like a Golf GTi, and I thought it was great. fast, cornered well, nice easy to control drifting ... I wonder is it the same one. I really should have taken it to the garage to save. I'm sure I'll find it again.

Probably the same one, kinda all encompassing hatchback thing, there's a few of them, the mini cooper is brilliant too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

The driving is class in this GTAv. Cycling is poxy, i spend the whole time wobbling from side to side

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I've pimped out Trevor's truck and Frankiln's 'charger' - and they're a joy to drive now. They also look way better. Cost a small fortune though :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,911 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I've pimped out Trevor's truck and Frankiln's 'charger' - and they're a joy to drive now. They also look way better. Cost a small fortune though :D

Any pics?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

^^
    I think it sucks that you can't overwrite the characters cars with other four door cars of a similar spec.

There are a lot of reports of gamer's cars going missing or losing modifications after storing in garages.

My only gripe is the braking. You brake way too fast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

what view do you use?.
    I love the in car view but it seems to be harder. Should i pesevere or just go with the overhead cam?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Dear OP,

Not sure If anyone has said this, put you're kind of skewing public opinion in this poll by placing your own opinion on the options
    It should just say GTA4 or GTA5
    FWIW I'd personally go with GTA 5
    But I feel like saying GTA4 was Overly Hard to drive and GTA 5 is Overly Easy within the actual poll options themselves is a bad process.
    I mean if people want to comment on the their vote or elaborate further or discuss it, thats what the body of the the thread is for.

It's like if I go into vote (in real life) later:
    Option 1 is Abolish the Senad because they are awful, do nothing, and cost money
    Option 2 is Don't Abolish them because they are great, do lot's and cost very little

Hope the metaphor helps :pac:

Advertisement