Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Difference in camera between iphone4&5

• 17-09-2013 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

As subject heading states can anyone advise?

Is it worth paying the extra money for iphone 5 for better camera?

I have iphone 4 but need new iphone for more storage.
    I now only use my iphone for all photos so I wonder am I better off paying extra for the iphone 5 ONLY IF there is a big difference in the camera in the iphone 5?

I cannot afford the new iphone 5's... C & ? (Whatever it is).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭kitnan

rainbows7 wrote: »

I now only use my iphone for all photos so I wonder am I better off paying extra for the iphone 5 ONLY IF there is a big difference in the camera in the iphone 5?

If it's an iPhone 4 (and not a 4s) that you have, you'll notice a big improvement as the iPhone 4s and the iPhone 5 both have an 8MP camera, whereas the original iPhone 4 has a 5MP camera.

If you have an iPhone 4s, the only difference is the longer screen on the 5, i'm pretty sure the camera has the same sensor ect, the only improvement is that you can shoot video and take photos at the same time

Here's a comparrison
    http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=4212&idPhone2=4910

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Panoramic too. When I went from a 4s to a 5 I thought the camera was a lot better, may have just been in my head though :o

But there's certainly a fairly good improvement in the camera in the 5 over the 4. If the only thing you really use on it is the camera then maybe one of the Android phones might be better? The camera and screen on the S4 are stunning, big though

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭rainbows7

kitnan wrote: »
    If it's an iPhone 4 (and not a 4s) that you have, you'll notice a big improvement as the iPhone 4s and the iPhone 5 both have an 8MP camera, whereas the original iPhone 4 has a 5MP camera.

If you have an iPhone 4s, the only difference is the longer screen on the 5, i'm pretty sure the camera has the same sensor ect, the only improvement is that you can shoot video and take photos at the same time

Here's a comparrison
    http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=4212&idPhone2=4910

Thanks so much for link :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭con___manx1

rainbows7 wrote: »

if you look on ebay a replacement camera for an iphone 5 costs 15 euro. a replacement camera for 4s is 8 euro. the cameras in the iphones are not great to be honest. i wouldnt buy a new iphone just for the camera

Advertisement