Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anywhere showing Sundays game on a big outdoor screen?

Options
  • 18-09-2013 7:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭

Is there anywhere showing Sundays game on a big outdoor screen? I heard there was going to be one in McHale but didn't see or hear it advertised. There was one in Ennis for the hurling. It would be great for kids and all those who couldn't get tickets.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

cocoman wrote: »
    Is there anywhere showing Sundays game on a big outdoor screen? I heard there was going to be one in McHale but didn't see or hear it advertised. There was one in Ennis for the hurling. It would be great for kids and all those who couldn't get tickets.

There was one in ballina for the semi final.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

The big screen is back in Ballina on Pearse Street this Sunday. Both minor and senior games will be shown. Was a great atmosphere last time round.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 angelclar

Rte will be recording the atmosphere from Ballina on Sunday with the big screen

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Castlebardude

FFS ! Please tell me there will be some kind of big outdoor screen put up in a central location in the county town similar to what ballina are doing & maybe the RTE cameras could also go there !

Who needs to get something like that organised ? Is it the Castlebar town council ? The Castlebar Chamber ? The Castlebar Vintners ? Elverys ? Has no body or association thought of doing this ?

If Mayo were to win, 30,000 people will descend on the town for the homecoming in Mc Hale Park & considering the GAA are pre-planning another unsuitable homecoming entertainment lineup that yet again does not appeal to the demographic of all who would attend a victory homecoming, at least if there was some kind of big screen and stage setup down town e.g. Linenhall St, Main St., Castle St. Car Park, Mill Lane Car Park or the Mall, then a decent after-party could be held into the late hours after the local-diddle,di-band-on-back-of-lorry entertainment finishes up in Mc Hale Park. We have 5 well known Mayo people (that I can think off) currently working in national radio & TV - Aoibheann Ni Suilleabhan,Keith Cunningham,Ray Foley,Phil Cawley,Louise Duffy,then you have the likes of The Hardy Bucks,Tommy Fleming,Louis Walsh (might fly over if we win) & some other nationally known singers & bands (enjoying Chris & Dave's rise to stardom on Youtube) so surely out of that pool of talent, you could run one heck of an after party that would surely go on all night & bring plenty of much needed cash into the local economy for one night only ! (all depending on a win of course ! )

What do ye think folks ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

FFS ! Please tell me there will be some kind of big outdoor screen put up in a central location in the county town similar to what ballina are doing & maybe the RTE cameras could also go there !

Who needs to get something like that organised ? Is it the Castlebar town council ? The Castlebar Chamber ? The Castlebar Vintners ? Elverys ? Has no body or association thought of doing this ?

If Mayo were to win, 30,000 people will descend on the town for the homecoming in Mc Hale Park & considering the GAA are pre-planning another unsuitable homecoming entertainment lineup that yet again does not appeal to the demographic of all who would attend a victory homecoming, at least if there was some kind of big screen and stage setup down town e.g. Linenhall St, Main St., Castle St. Car Park, Mill Lane Car Park or the Mall, then a decent after-party could be held into the late hours after the local-diddle,di-band-on-back-of-lorry entertainment finishes up in Mc Hale Park. We have 5 well known Mayo people (that I can think off) currently working in national radio & TV - Aoibheann Ni Suilleabhan,Keith Cunningham,Ray Foley,Phil Cawley,Louise Duffy,then you have the likes of The Hardy Bucks,Tommy Fleming,Louis Walsh (might fly over if we win) & some other nationally known singers & bands (enjoying Chris & Dave's rise to stardom on Youtube) so surely out of that pool of talent, you could run one heck of an after party that would surely go on all night & bring plenty of much needed cash into the local economy for one night only ! (all depending on a win of course ! )

What do ye think folks ?

They'll set something up quickly if they win Monday morning for the homecoming of the team on Monday evening or whenever the team come back. UNFORTUNATELY we've lost far too many finals to start building a stage in advance to celebrate a victory. A big screen to show the match is a great idea though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭finisklin

I reckon have the home coming for the team in Ballina, jut like in '51, '50, and '36.

We have the big screen ready as well. :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭irishgeo

finisklin wrote: »
    I reckon have the home coming for the team in Ballina, jut like in '51, '50, and '36.

We have the big screen ready as well. :D:D:D:D

If we win I can see the county board trying to charge for the homecoming in McHale park, they seem that desperate for money.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Castlebardude

Well I would'nt mind paying in for a big homecoming event in Mc Hale Park as long as they had some quality entertainment included.After all, it is quite a cost to stage such an event: Stage,PA & Lighting,Entertainment,Security,Bar Facilities,Toilet Facilities etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

Well I would'nt mind paying in for a big homecoming event in Mc Hale Park as long as they had some quality entertainment included.After all, it is quite a cost to stage such an event: Stage,PA & Lighting,Entertainment,Security,Bar Facilities,Toilet Facilities etc.

If the county board had any sense they would set up a big screen in the middle of McHale facing the stand and even charge people a couple of euro entry to cover the costs. The atmosphere would be unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

What do ye think folks ?
    Tommy Fleming is from Sligo :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Is there any truth to the rumour that the game is being shown in the cinema in castlebar?

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Gun_Slinger

Yea, cinema is showing it, but I think you have to book tickets in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

Yea, cinema is showing it, but I think you have to book tickets in advance
    Glad to see someone showing a bit of initiative. Thats a great idea - especially for kids. Fair play to the cinema and I hope they gain some future business from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭STEEL COMET

there is a big screen in mchale park for the final! Its posted all over town!!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭STEEL COMET

there is a big screen in mchale park for the final! Its posted all over town!!

ah no im only messing! dont get your hopes up

Advertisement