Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Museum

Options
  • 18-09-2013 8:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just letting you all know that a friend of mine, is currently building a WW1 and 2 Museum. Unlike other museums it will be VERY hands on.

Get to hold firearms that would have any man feel like a kid again!!:D

All should be up and running next year, but until then I would be delighted if you had a look at the web site: http://imwm.ie/museum-director-william-sullivan-discusses-plans-for-the-imwm/

Any questions? Feel free to ask me!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

There's a guy thinking well outside the box in these recessionary times.:D
    Great idea and I wish him the best with this project.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭MacsuibhneR

Looks good, definitely one for a visit when it is up and running.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭chem

Afew of the guns!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Must have reduced his respective Garda Superintendant and Cheif to gibbering wrecks having to issue deact owner certs for all that.:P

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

chem wrote: »
    Afew of the guns!

Oh my god.

He should start collecting. :D

Looking at that there is a hell of a lot but just wondering is ther any gun that he wishs he has in his collection.

• Advertisement

Hi Grizzly, it took many, many years of building up a good relationship with the Gardai for him to get this far!! Had a few bumps along the way....but we made it;)

One shot, I think all are the major makes and models are accounted for! If you look at the pic. One of the guns hanging on the back wall, was a contender for the gap the US hadfor a SMG. The one thompson won!

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭EWQuinn

Holy s--t its the arms room! Love the M3 w canvas top, my kind of guys. Now I will have to make a trip to ROI for sure!

EWQuinn wrote: »
    Holy s--t its the arms room! Love the M3 w canvas top, my kind of guys. Now I will have to make a trip to ROI for sure!

EWQuinn if you make it over to us, all the way from the US. Make yourself known to us and we will teach you how to drive a halftrack :-) German or US halftrack, the choice is yours!!

Looking at that there is a hell of a lot but just wondering is ther any gun that he wishs he has in his collection.

Turns out we need a WW1 french Lebel rifle ;)

EWQuinn if you make it over to us, all the way from the US. Make yourself known to us and we will teach you how to drive a halftrack :-) German or US halftrack, the choice is yours!!

You got a deal Chem, I would be in clover, literally and figuratively!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Afew of the guns!

I have seen Heaven, and It is truly wonderful ......... :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭J.R.

looks great - best of luck with it.

Do you intend to cater for school tours etc?

Hi J.R. Yes we will be linking in with the current school history books and making that history "come to life". We hope to get school tours at different parts of the school year. School groups would have to be pre-booked so that we can give everyone the best experience of the park, that we can :)

The videos on your web page are especially good, much of it not stuff I have seen before.

Interesting construction pics, is that a reviewing stand with some sort of indoor space beneath it going up?

It's open! Open from 10am to 5pm.

Adults €8
    Kids €5
    Family (two adults and two kids) €25

Hope to see you soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭djflawless

Any questions? Feel free to ask me!

Amm, just a quick 1!

Who's reviewing cv's and where do I send mine????
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭philmire

It's open! Open from 10am to 5pm.

Adults €8
    Kids €5
    Family (two adults and two kids) €25

Hope to see you soon!

As soon as I'm up that side of the country I'm going to this ☺

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

What the address on the museum? be a great day out with this weather

All info here fox :-) http://imwm.ie/map/ Hope to see you soon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

@chem - I notice that you have a BMP-1 in the collection. I have the ITAC - USA INSCOM Operator's manual left over from my time in BRIXMIS [Google it], if you want to borrow it to make a copy.

PM me, if this is the case.

tac

Yeah, nice BMP, Czech version looks like?

BRIXMIS - From Wikipedia - "this liaison role also presented an ideal opportunity for the gathering of military intelligence through reconnaissance and surveillance and the occasional 'borrowing' of military matériel" :)

EWQuinn wrote: »
    Yeah, nice BMP, Czech version looks like?

BRIXMIS - From Wikipedia - "this liaison role also presented an ideal opportunity for the gathering of military intelligence through reconnaissance and surveillance and the occasional 'borrowing' of military matériel" :)

True. The US version, USMLM, and French, FMLM did the same thing. I was there from '81 to '84.

Meanwhile, even the Czech version had all the controls and dials in Russian, so the 'user' handbook is the same.

tac

tac foley wrote: »
    @chem - I notice that you have a BMP-1 in the collection. I have the ITAC - USA INSCOM Operator's manual left over from my time in BRIXMIS [Google it], if you want to borrow it to make a copy.

PM me, if this is the case.

tac

Hi Tac, sorry for the late reply! Busy trying to get the word out about the museum!!

Would love a copy of the manual :D:D:D

Half afraid to push some of the buttons in her, incase somthing launches :eek:

PM sent! Thanks a mill Tac, your a legend!

Hi Tac, sorry for the late reply! Busy trying to get the word out about the museum!!

Would love a copy of the manual :D:D:D

Half afraid to push some of the buttons in her, incase somthing launches :eek:

PM sent! Thanks a mill Tac, your a legend!

...only in my imagination.

I'll mail to to you in the day or so, bearing in mind it's Blesséd St Saturday here tomorrow, and SFA goes out of the village as far as mail is concerned.

Best

tac

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭PartnerSeeds

Looks great, I like the idea, can see great potential with students learning history.

I hope it goes well for your friend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Great idea, fair play to the guy for taking the initiative.

I certainly would be visiting it when it is up and running.

Always enjoyed visiting the museums in France and the like.

Wish him the very best of luck with the project.

A massive thank you to tac for sending us a copy of an owners manual, for the OT-90 :D:D The owner was in France until today. I have scanned the manual, but showed the manual to the OT90 owner today, he was like a kid with a new toy. Tac your a legend, will send the manual back to you as soon as :D

chem - whatever you have from me, please keep it - you are welcome. :)

tac

• Advertisement

Tac you are a gentleman :eek: If we have anything that might complete your collection just let us know!!

When you come visit the museum (which you must) you will be a VIP ;)

Thanks Tac!!

Advertisement