Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House sharing Query

Options
  • 18-09-2013 8:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭

Ok quick question. My nephew is going to college in Dublin and has found a house with 4 other students, they have their own rooms (some with ensuites) and the living / kitchen etc.

Went round there with him yesterday and his room on the second floor only has a sky light. As a rented property should this house have a suitable means of escape, fire upgrading etc. ? (It's s Pre 69 house but if anyone can send me in the right direction that would be appreciated - I've told him to find another house)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

That room can't be marketed as a bedroom - there has to be a means of escape. He can probably choose to live there at his own risk. Me? I'd find another place.

Advertisement