Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Track Saw

Options
  • 18-09-2013 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭

I'm in the market for one of these. I've seen the Festool, and I'm told its the best. Just wondering what you guys think, is there a viable portable alternative.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

2 stroke wrote: »
    I'm in the market for one of these. I've seen the Festool, and I'm told its the best. Just wondering what you guys think, is there a viable portable alternative.

I had the dewalt plunge saw and I changed it for the Festoll one. I bought the festool TS 55R with two rails, track joiners and bag for the rails and its worth every single cent. And if you use it with a festool extractor it practically eliminates all dust

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

Still havn't purchassed, but I see that there is now another choice on the market from Triton. http://www.tritontools.com/en-GB/Model/TTS1400 Anyone got any experience of these?

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭peter bermingham

Ya the festool are the best have 5 of their track plunge saws only one ever gave trouble bearings in the motor packed in sent off fixed in two weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭5T3PH3N

Have you got the ts55r in 100v? I'm looking at getting one but I've read that they are underpowered.

Do ya know i think i do i sent a saw off to get fixed and it went missing so festool sent me a new one and i am nearly sure its a ts55r ill look tomorrow its 110v as well. They do come with a 1050w motor so i cant see it being under powered i have two of the older models before that one and never found them underpowered but their 240v sometimes tools can be underpowered in 110v ill give it a go tomorrow cutting 40mm solid worktop and let you know

• Advertisement

I think the saw i have is a ts55rq 110v used it today to cut some 40mm solid worktop now its me first time using this saw compared to the earlier models i have it cut just fine bogged a small bit but it was cutting 40mm solid feel way lighter lovely saw to use if your close to charlestown in mayo you can give me a shout and have a go see what you think of them (COPIED OF FACEBOOK) FESTOOL are holding a product overview in The Carpentry Store this Wednesday 5th Feb 4-6pm. Come and see the range of products in action. Offers available on the evening and have your questions answered

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭5T3PH3N

Thanks for the offer and info Peter, I actually used to go to Charlestown every now and then to my mate that moved out there but i probably won't be out there for a good while now and I'm in Dublin.
    I think im just gonna get one in anyway, although i'll wait because I wont need one for a 3/4 months because of the job we'll be starting soon.

Thanks again.

Advertisement