Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body found in Shop Street

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

reporter for the galway indo
    Marie Madden ‏@dontmaddenme 17m
    Gardai confirming that body found on William Street this morn was of a local man in mid-30s. Not being treated as suspicious. #galway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

The Question i have is...

How do you find a body on the busiest street and most monitored(GARDA CCTV) street of Galway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

Galway K9 wrote: »
    The Question i have is...

How do you find a body on the busiest street and most monitored(GARDA CCTV) street of Galway?

They did

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

--

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

WIZE wrote: »
    They did

Your name is quite Apt. WIZE ASS :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

Galway K9 wrote: »
    Your name is quite Apt. WIZE ASS :P

lol. I mean he could have dropped dead 30 seconds before he was found

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭WillyFXP

Superb grammar in the first line of that article.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,965 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I'm guessing if he was my brother / cousin / etc (he's not, but), then I'd prefer a more respectful tone in this thread.

RIP, whoever he was and whatever his story is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

Heard about it this morning when I went into work. Strange, I walk up Shop Street every morning/evening to work, and this morning at 8:45 it felt a little...quiet. I won't say eerie, but quiet. Felt different from most mornings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 cytop

GARDAI have sealed off a section of Galway city this morning after the discovery of a man was discovered.

Is there any such thing as proof-reading these days or is everything just passed through a spell checker...?

+1 to Ms O'B comment above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Shiny_things

As a member of the family I ask that privacy is respected today of all days! This man is a son, a brother and a father! Idle gossip over what may or may not have happened is not appreciated! And if you know him, then I'm pretty dam sure that you will find out what happened. Galway is not that big of a place! Until then leave it alone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

My condolences. An awful thing to read about in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Some speculation removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

RIP and condolences to family and friends.

It said on the radio he was a Galway native. Whatever has happened it's a real tragedy ,such a young man. I don't know who it is but have felt sad for him and for all those who do know him this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭ratracer

I've always thought the Galway Advertiser Facebook page was crap, this morning it really resorted to gutter press headlines with this story and another about a (non) incident at the docks. They really should be ashamed of themselves.

Condolences to the family of this man, may he R.I.P.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

ratracer wrote: »
    I've always thought the Galway Advertiser Facebook page was crap, this morning it really resorted to gutter press headlines with this story and another about a (non) incident at the docks. They really should be ashamed of themselves.

I am not a fan of the fb either but really the gutter element was provided by some horrible posters on it this morning. It is just awful to think there are people out there who see these occasions as opportunities for grand standing with "witty" or controversial comments to get attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Condolences to the family of this man.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I am not a fan of the fb either but really the gutter element was provided by some horrible posters on it this morning. It is just awful to think there are people out there who see these occasions as opportunities for grand standing with "witty" or controversial comments to get attention.

They never delete comments. No matter how defamatory or insensitive or just plain wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭hairyfairy00

I knew him, yes he had his problems but he was always a sound guy. R.I.P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

I knew him, he was always a sound guy. R.I.P

Fixed. Granted you didn't go into specifics, that was totally unnecessary.

RIP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭arandale

Sincerest condolences to this mans family. May he rest in peace now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

Went to school with him. Sound man. RIP.

Some of the comments on here are ridiculous by the way. Bitching about grammar when a young man has lost his life. Cop on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Any more sniping or off topic arsery here will not be tolerated. A bitta respect, yeah?

If you have a problem with a post, report it or PM the offending poster/mod.

Condolences to the man's family. R.I.P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement