Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bottle banks!

Options
  • 18-09-2013 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm just wondering if any of you know of a bottle bank place where i can bring some tin cans and glass bottles for recycling?

I used to bring them to an area just outside the entrance to Eagle Valley, on the Sarsfields Road, but it appears it has been moved? It was ideal!

Also, Dunnes at the Bandon Road Roundabout has/had an area where you could recycle. Does anyone know if this is still the case?

Appreciate any replies :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

I will hazard a guess and say Tesco Wilton as other Tesco's have them.Pity these recycling areas dont do paper and plastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭ElecKtrA

I will hazard a guess and say Tesco Wilton as other Tesco's have them.Pity these recycling areas dont do paper and plastic.

Cheers, i'll give it a look :cool: Even though i've never spotted any before, but perhaps around the back of the shopping centre is where i need to venture..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

There is a recycling centre just off Clashduv Road in Togher. It is across the road from LIDL. You can bring bottles and cans, possibly paper/cardboard as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭ElecKtrA

byronbay2 wrote: »
    There is a recycling centre just off Clashduv Road in Togher. It is across the road from LIDL. You can bring bottles and cans, possibly paper/cardboard as well.

Cool, that's ideal! Thanks a mil :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

byronbay2 wrote: »

Bottles & cans only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

There's a can-and-glass place in the car-park of Leisureworld, Bishopstown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Ger89

Doesn't seem to be ANYWHERE other than Kinsale Road Dump where you can bring papers, plastic, and food cans. The only facilities currently available are for bottles and beer cans only. Maybe Ciy Council would consider providing a few outlets for the rest which would help keep Cork cleaner?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Sure they used to be everywhere but me thinks people or some people just took the piss as normal and started dumping all sorts there, so they took them away.

There used to be a great spot in Monkstown you had an easy parking, bottle banks, tin bank, then cardboard and plastic and well people started dumping rubbish there, then when the plastic was full they would put it into the carboard, ruined it for everyone. The dump in Raffeen was great aswell but surprise surprise then they started to charge you to use it

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Steve_hooo

Another location is Rehab Recycle in Monahan Road

That is a great one

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Ger89

Thought Rehab was for businesses only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

The reason they're gone is that household recycling was rolled out and in all cases it accepts cans and in most cases it also accepts glass bottles in a glass bin.

I think the companies involved in the recycling were simply not getting enough bottles anymore to make it worth while having so many 'bring centres'

Well tis and tis'nt. They have the bottle banks there on the outside, not too sure is there cans there also. And then inside on normall business hours they have the eco village for business's to recycle all sorts

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Yeah there's one of them at the back of Tesco in Wilton.

Advertisement