Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

job app / interview / waiting

Options
  • 18-09-2013 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hey

Did a good interview, was asked for references and then nothing......

Emailed about a week later to see if there was any craic and nothing back.

Yer wan who interviewed me said she'd be in touch at the end original interview. They said they wanted someone to start kinda soon. It's only a 4 month contract so I'm sure they're not waiting on other applicants who've been offered the role to check with current employers etc

Surprised that they wouldn't have responded to the email just to say thanks but no thanks....

I'm just a bit baffled.

c

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Hey

Did a good interview, was asked for references and then nothing......

Emailed about a week later to see if there was any craic and nothing back.

Yer wan who interviewed me said she'd be in touch at the end original interview. They said they wanted someone to start kinda soon. It's only a 4 month contract so I'm sure they're not waiting on other applicants who've been offered the role to check with current employers etc

Surprised that they wouldn't have responded to the email just to say thanks but no thanks....

I'm just a bit baffled.

c

Give them a ring maybe and see whats happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I didn't want to call as I'd appear desperate but I just wanted to know what the craic was with the position. That's why I emailed - in case they wanted to turn me down and I offered them the opp to do it easily enough.

I guess i'll just have to wait and see. Here's hoping she gets back to me this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Thought about phoning that but decided to email instead thus giving her the opp to just say "thanks but no thanks" - the easiest way out.

So there may still be hope... well, I'm hoping anyway.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,826 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Usually in situations like this they've offered the job to someone else and are awaiting for that person to accept the role, they don't want to tell you thanks but no thanks as you might be a close second.

They will want to keep you available in case plan A doesnt work out. Now this might not be the case at all for you, but often this is what happens.

Advertisement