Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Former Blarney Woollen Mills site, Liffey St

Options
  • 18-09-2013 10:17am
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,222 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The Blarney Woollen Mills have been gone from this corner site for quite a while but it seems that there is some work being carried out on the building at the moment. Anyone know what will be going in there?

It's the building right next to Grand Social.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I was wondering the same. Fingers crossed for something new and interesting!!

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭wowy

As far as I know, it's an extension to the Winding Stair restaurant. The proposal is to put a terraced area on the 1st floor flat roof with glass barriers - I'd say it'd be chilly up there with the breeze coming down the Liffey!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,222 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

wowy wrote: »
    As far as I know, it's an extension to the Winding Stair restaurant. The proposal is to put a terraced area on the 1st floor flat roof with glass barriers - I'd say it'd be chilly up there with the breeze coming down the Liffey!

Oh that sounds quite nice! Despite the breeze, it could be lovely :P Sure look at the success of the Rooftop Bar in the Marker Hotel. Obviously it will be a bit different but it could be great - thanks for the update wowy!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

wowy wrote: »
    As far as I know, it's an extension to the Winding Stair restaurant.

Interesting, I heard it was The Grand Social were extending into the space and were opening a restaurant in it.
    Yours sounds more believable though

• Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

AFAIK the Grand Social and Winding Stair are owned by the same crowd.

There is definitely something social going in there, be it a bar, venue, restaurant or mix of all 3 :)

Looking forward to it!

• Advertisement
Advertisement