Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early discharge home and community midwives clinic rotunda

• 18-09-2013 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi there,
    I am 6 weeks pregnant and live in north city centre and am interested in the rotunda midwife led care with early home discharge... Anyone else done this? i would love to hear our comments of how you found it? Were the clinics very busy? I would be attending the Friday afternoon clinic at the rotunda rather than in the community due to work location but i really like the idea or early discharge home...
    Thanks all!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭ameee

Hi Im doing this too Im 30 weeks and attending the midwives in roselawn and I love it, I have never waited more than ten minutes and they are so friendly and seem to have a lot of time for you. I love the idea of early discharge home but I dont know much about it yet Ill update in ten weeks :) They said between six and twenty four hours usually but I imagine its closer to the twenty four depending what time you give birth. To be fair I was home in twenty four hours after my last (four years ago) and I wasnt doing the community midwives clinic then as it wasnt in my area then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 woolly

Do you have your 12 week scan with the midwives too? Are all the visits with them and is there a cost involved? Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭ameee

Your first appointment at twelve weeks and twenty week scan are done in the hospital and all other visits are wgth the midwives or your gp. There is no cost at all for public patients I dont know how it works if you are private.

Advertisement