Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MacBook won't boot !! Please help!!

Options
  • 18-09-2013 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

I have a MacBook 2007 model and last night It fell off its stand and now anytime I turn it on it just has a white screen and won't boot up. Does anyone know what the problem is?:confused

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

I have a MacBook 2007 model and last night It fell off its stand and now anytime I turn it on it just has a white screen and won't boot up. Does anyone know what the problem is?:confused

Could well be hard disk failure, Does the screen have the Mac logo on it or is it just totally white? Any clicking sounds coming from it?

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Fatal Except1on

When you turn it on can you hear the startup chime? Does the apple logo appear on bootup?

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Jamesyboid88

When you turn it on can you hear the startup chime? Does the apple logo appear on bootup?

I hear the startup chime but nothing comes up just white. I'm hoping it can be fixed easy as I'm heading to Canada Friday :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Sounds like a faulty or loose HDD - Fortunately it's easy to take apart the 2007 Air and have a look (I only installed an SSD for a customer).

Checkout iFixit's guide on doing so - http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/MacBook+Air+Models+A1237+and+A1304+Hard+Drive+Replacement/860/1

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Fatal Except1on

Try holding down cmd+R when you turn on the machine and see if you can get into recovery. Go to disk utility, verify the disk, if its got errors, repair and reboot.

• Advertisement
Advertisement