Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

coolmine cs and castleknock community college entrance requirements

Options
  • 18-09-2013 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭

i am wondering which school would be better to send my kid to. is coolmine in the catchment area for ccc? anyone who has kids currenly in either i would appreciate your thoughts. i myself went to coolmine and i loved it but i heard its gone down hill since the 90's. is this true?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Two of my children went through Coolmine, and one is still there - I cannot fault the school for anything (other than looking a bit tatty on the inside!). The teachers seem to be good and the support for students is excellent.
    Mine were not there in the 90s so I cant say if it's gone downhill or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Past30Now

i am wondering which school would be better to send my kid to. is coolmine in the catchment area for ccc? anyone who has kids currenly in either i would appreciate your thoughts. i myself went to coolmine and i loved it but i heard its gone down hill since the 90's. is this true?

The catchment area for CCC is narrowly defined. There is a joint admission policy with Luttrellstown Community College. see http://www.castleknockcc.ie/images/Downloads/admission_policy14-15/ccc%20admission%20book%202014-15.pdf

I'd guess that if you lived in the catchment area for CCC you'd send your kids there. The catchment area for Coolmine seems broader than the CCC catchement area. I went to Coolmine myself. I can't say whether it has got worse in the 20 odd years since I left, but I've heard it has. That being said, isn't everything worse than it was when we were kids!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

...is coolmine in the catchment area for ccc?...

From my reading of the admission policy I would say no.

Depending where you are in coolmine you might be in the catchment for LCC.

That admission policy seems to be written to be confusing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

It took me a few reads to get it, when it was put up a few days ago in another thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

we arent in the catchment area so we will send her to coolmine cs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement