Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Siemens SPC alarm for self install

Options
  • 18-09-2013 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm thinking of getting a Siemens SPC Alarm for the parents (inlaw) and I’m slighty confused by the setup. I can see how I would spec a HKC Quantum as they are all the same manufacture parts.

The house is not prewired and the only part that will be hardwired will be the downstairs keypad. Everything else will need to be wireless and will need a GSM connection for alerts.

I’m planning on ordering the following:
    1 x SPC5320 – Panel
    1 x SPCN310 – GSM Module
    1x SPCW110 - SiWay
    1 x SPCK420 – Keypad (Wired)
    2 x IR60W6-10 - Wireless PIR detector
    1 x IOPW6-11 - Wireless Smoke Detector

Some questions I have:
    Do Siemens make a wireless key pad for this alarm as I'd like one upstairs ?
    As I can’t find any Siemens inertia sensors – what inertia sensors should I get to work with this system?
    What external bell box (wireless) will work with this system?

Would it be easier and cheaper for me to just get a HKC Quantum 70 and use their components/parts :) ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

JD

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Gabico

I was in the same boat and based on what I read here I went with a 5330 panel, and an europlex signet wireless receiver in the panel (you can get a receiver for the keypad as well). I only have europlex sensors in the house now (pirs, inertia and smoke), you can use visonic sensors with the europlex receiver as well I think. If I want to add siemens sensors as well I will have to get a siemens wireless receiver in the keypad.
    I used a wired bell and I don't know about a wireless bell for the siemens receiver but if you use the europlex receiver you can probably get a visonic wireless bell.
    I am very happy with the setup so far, I also added my ip cameras to the panel.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

There is no wireless keypad. You can use a wireless key fob upstairs. Or go for the IP and use a phone app as a keypad.
    You can use visonic wireless. Just get a Visonic Receiver instead of Siway.
    Any global bell box will work.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭jd6677

Cheers for the info Gabico and Koolkid

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Your welcome.
    Lets know how you get on with it and if you run into bother you know where we are.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭thesteve

I'm thinking of going down the Siemens route as well (after being broken into a few weeks ago). I want something that will integrate with ipcams and can be controlled via a smartphone so it looks like Siemens fits the bill.

JD - would you mind me asking where you're ordering your parts from? I have an electrician friend checking with his alarm supplier but he's flat out at the moment

Also, I've read that only Siemens cams are certified for use with their alarms but some other IP cams do work. I've looked around for a list of cameras that are compatible, has anyone had any luck finding one?

I'm close to buying a few POE IP cams like this;
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/qvis-2mp-1080p-outdoor-vandalproof-ip-dome-camera-847925 to work with an NVR like this;
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/qvis-4-channel-poe-network-video-recorder-with-1tb-hard-drive-847928

so if needs be I'll run them separate but would prefer if the Siemens system could use the cameras.

• Advertisement

Siemens will only support Siemens IP cameras.
    I think if an camera can be set up with username and password turned off it should work. But obviously I can't guarantee it for all..

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Gabico

I am using Dahua IP cameras and they are working ok with the panel. Once you figure out the camera command to get image snapshots it should work.
    I think those QVIS cams are similar with the Dahuas so they might work. That particular model doesn't have an illuminator for night vision.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭jd6677

thesteve wrote: »
    JD - would you mind me asking where you're ordering your parts from? I have an electrician friend checking with his alarm supplier but he's flat out at the moment
    QUOTE]

Hi,

I got mine in REW in finglas. Nice chaps to deal with.

Thanks,

JD

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

REW in Ballymount or Finglas.
    Reliable in Drumcondra.

Advertisement