Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home office Insurance

Options
  • 18-09-2013 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi
    Im just looking for some advice regarding home office insurance. I'm renting a house and I have one of the rooms converted to an office. What I have to insure would be computer equipment: laptop and the likes. I would insurance to cover the equipment for use outside of the office. Has anybody got this kind of cover?
    I got a quote for €368 plus 5% government levy

Any advice would be great :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

Don't think you are going to get better than that. Sounds like a proper office policy at minimum premium. The only other way for cover would be a home insurance policy that provides a home office extension. but you won't get one if you own the house. It would also exclude items owned by a business. So if you were set up as Ladiesman Ltd then no cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭ladiesman217

Yes thats what I thought; a few other quotes were higher then the quote I have stated.

Thank you :)

Advertisement