Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Porting from UPC to Eircom

Options
  • 18-09-2013 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

Hi,

I have recently set up an account with Eircom. It is up and running but the landline still has the temporary number.

I have asked to keep the number I had with UPC (which was originally an Eircom number).

I called on 2nd September to set up the account. I was advised that the phone line and broadband would take a week to set up and to call back after this to request the port.

I called back on 11th September to request the port and was advised it had been submitted and would take 24 - 48 hours. 

I called back on 13th September because the port hadn't been completed and was again advised 24 - 48 hours. 

I called back on 16th September and was again advised that it would be 24 - 48 hours. The agent advised that she would monitor the port and contact me if it was going to go over this timeframe (I got no call).

I called back again this morning 18th September. I was on the phone for over 35 minutes and was transferred from Retention to Sales to Accounts to Sales to Retention to Sales. None of the agents briefed the next agent about the situation as I would expect. All were cold transfers which meant I had to explain myself 6 times. I was advised this time that the port was pending. None of them could advise me of the date and time the port was submitted and they have now advised it will take between a week and 3 weeks from today to complete. The agent advised that someone in Customer Service would monitor the port and contact me if it was going to go over this timeframe.

I asked to speak to a Supervisor, an agent from the Technical team or an agent from the Porting team and was refused. I wanted clarification that the port had been submitted correctly. One agent said he was transferring me to the Porting team but he transferred me back to Retention.

Could somebody take a look at this for me please? I have been without the landline number for over 2 weeks now. I am getting different timeframes from every agent I speak to and I am not convinced that the port has been submitted correctly.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

7.Ronaldo wrote: »
    Hi,

I have recently set up an account with Eircom. It is up and running but the landline still has the temporary number.

I have asked to keep the number I had with UPC (which was originally an Eircom number).

I called on 2nd September to set up the account. I was advised that the phone line and broadband would take a week to set up and to call back after this to request the port.

I called back on 11th September to request the port and was advised it had been submitted and would take 24 - 48 hours. 

I called back on 13th September because the port hadn't been completed and was again advised 24 - 48 hours. 

I called back on 16th September and was again advised that it would be 24 - 48 hours. The agent advised that she would monitor the port and contact me if it was going to go over this timeframe (I got no call).

I called back again this morning 18th September. I was on the phone for over 35 minutes and was transferred from Retention to Sales to Accounts to Sales to Retention to Sales. None of the agents briefed the next agent about the situation as I would expect. All were cold transfers which meant I had to explain myself 6 times. I was advised this time that the port was pending. None of them could advise me of the date and time the port was submitted and they have now advised it will take between a week and 3 weeks from today to complete. The agent advised that someone in Customer Service would monitor the port and contact me if it was going to go over this timeframe.

I asked to speak to a Supervisor, an agent from the Technical team or an agent from the Porting team and was refused. I wanted clarification that the port had been submitted correctly. One agent said he was transferring me to the Porting team but he transferred me back to Retention.

Could somebody take a look at this for me please? I have been without the landline number for over 2 weeks now. I am getting different timeframes from every agent I speak to and I am not convinced that the port has been submitted correctly.

Thanks.
    Hi 7.Ronaldo

Please PM me your new eircom account details and I'll look into this. As soon as I have some information on this I'll get back to you.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭7.Ronaldo

Hi Alan,

Do you have any update on this? I PM'ed you my details on Wednesday. The number is still with UPC.

I was back onto Eircom this morning and the agent advised me that he could see the number was on hold from UPC. I was asked to contact UPC and ask to speak to a manager or supervisor in order to get the number released.

I contacted UPC and was transferred to Tech Services. The agent advised that the number has not been released because they have not received a Porting Form from Eircom. He asked me to call Eircom back and ask them for this form.

I called Eircom back and was transferred to the Sales team. I had to explain to them that I needed a Porting Form. The agent took my details as if he was filling out the form and advised I should have the number back by Thursday (this will mean another week without the number).

Thanks.

Advertisement