Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Unlocking Galaxy S3 on Jellybean

• 18-09-2013 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

A friend in the office has just recently bought a 2nd hand Galaxy S3 which is currently locked to Vodafone, he is on O2. The phone currently has the Android 4.1.2 OS on it but so far he has been unable to unlock it by any of the methods he has found online.

I thought one of you knowledgeable folks might be able to tell me or point me towards a reliable forum etc online where I can find the info/walkthrough he needs.

Ideally he wants to SIM unlock it without having to root the phone. (I'm not sure this is possible on Jellybean?)

If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be great!!
    Cheers,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

testtech05 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

A friend in the office has just recently bought a 2nd hand Galaxy S3 which is currently locked to Vodafone, he is on O2. The phone currently has the Android 4.1.2 OS on it but so far he has been unable to unlock it by any of the methods he has found online.

I thought one of you knowledgeable folks might be able to tell me or point me towards a reliable forum etc online where I can find the info/walkthrough he needs.

Ideally he wants to SIM unlock it without having to root the phone. (I'm not sure this is possible on Jellybean?)

Cheers,

He can get it sim unlocked on eBay, usually around 10 euro.
    To update the firmware if the normal method doesn't work he may have to use kies software on a PC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

testtech05 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Cheers,

Check your PMs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

acalmenvoy wrote: »
    Check your PMs.

Did your friend figure out how to unlock the phone? I have one I'm trying to do the same with...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Theres an app you can download on the play store that unlocks the phone once its rooted. Its called galaxsim unlock. Its free to download. Will tell you if the phone can be unlocked then your charged under a fiver to unlock it. Worked a treat for two of my mates phones :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

lolo62 wrote: »
    Did your friend figure out how to unlock the phone? I have one I'm trying to do the same with...

PM sent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Mizu_Ger

I'm looking to unlock my Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini (Vodafone) to take advantage of Tesco's current €10/month offer. I tried the galaxsim app, but it doesn't support this phone.

Can anyone recommend an alternative?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,027 ✭✭✭opus

I'm in the same boat as just coming to the end of contract with emobile, the unlock code their cc gave me (8 zeros so I'm a bit dubious) didn't work so waiting for some feedback from their admin team.

Did anyone ever get any joy unlocking an S3 running 4.1.2 without having to go to the trouble of downgrading android as suggested on the xda forum?

Advertisement