Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reconnect landline without getting into a contract

Options
  • 18-09-2013 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

Hi,

I was with a different provider up until about 4-5 months ago, when I decided to leave the contract, just using my mobile instead of a landline, and mobile broadband.

I am currently considering an offer a competitor is running for the landline and broadband, but they need an active landline to set it up.

My questions are:
    1. Will my old number still be available or will I have to get a new number?
    2. Can eircom re-activate the landline for me(and how much will it cost?), and can they do so without tieing me into a contract? I simply want to pay eircom to activate the line.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

TheHopeful wrote: »
    Hi,

I was with a different provider up until about 4-5 months ago, when I decided to leave the contract, just using my mobile instead of a landline, and mobile broadband.

I am currently considering an offer a competitor is running for the landline and broadband, but they need an active landline to set it up.

My questions are:
    1. Will my old number still be available or will I have to get a new number?
    2. Can eircom re-activate the landline for me(and how much will it cost?), and can they do so without tieing me into a contract? I simply want to pay eircom to activate the line.

Thanks.
    Hi TheHopeful

eircom cannot re-activate a line for you without entering you to a 12 month contract. It is not possible to pay for re-activation and leave without incuring early cease charges.

Thanks

Al

Advertisement