Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mulligans Poolbeg street

Options
  • 18-09-2013 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

how much is a pint of Guinness?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Give them a ring or drop them an email.

Tel: 00353 1 6775582
    email: mulliganspoolbegstreet@eircom.net

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

Noisy kip IMO...no room either when it gets busy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

Used to stand outside, pint on the window sill.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,466 ✭✭✭✭cson

Probably between €4.50-€5, seems to be standard for Guinness in Dublin these days.

cson wrote: »
    Probably between €4.50-€5, seems to be standard for Guinness in Dublin these days.

So much for the recession,eh?

I've noticed a lot of pubs in Dublin sneaking thier prices up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 LLLINDAAA

Give them a ring or drop them an email.

Tel: 00353 1 6775582
    email: mulliganspoolbegstreet@eircom.net

Thanks, Just off the phone and a pint is 4.80E

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Mulligans do a great pint of Guinness all the same. I love the fact that the place has stayed the same for the past 50+ years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

Was in McNeills on Capel Street on Monday and they were doing (lovely) pints of Guinness for €3.50.

Cheapest I've ever seen it outside of an army mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Murt10

Was in McNeills on Capel Street on Monday and they were doing (lovely) pints of Guinness for €3.50.

Cheapest I've ever seen it outside of an army mess.

That's like buy 3 and get 1 for free.

Were they selling Beamish @ E3.00

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

chopper6 wrote: »
    Noisy kip IMO...no room either when it gets busy.

Most pubs are noisy when they get busy and likewise seem to get a bit full when busy.

I defy you to find a quiet busy pub with acres of space. :pac:

• Advertisement

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Most pubs are noisy when they get busy and likewise seem to get a bit full when busy.

I defy you to find a quiet busy pub with acres of space. :pac:

I just don't see the attraction of mulligans...it's usually full of drunken people bellowing and standing in the way of the bar and there's no room in the place...personally I find being jostled by sweaty,shouting dickheads off putting when going out for drinks. I can think of three bars within two minutes of the place that don't seem to be as crowded or as noisy and not as expensive for that matter...mcturkails for example have 3.50 pints all week and lots of special offers as well as pretty decent pub grub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

Murt10 wrote: »
    That's like buy 3 and get 1 for free.

Were they selling Beamish @ E3.00

Actually just checked my receipt there and it was €3.75 for a pint of Guinness,no idea about the Beamish I'm afraid.

I just don't see the attraction of mulligans...it's usually full of drunken people bellowing and standing in the way of the bar and there's no room in the place..

Any time I've been in there it's been pretty calm and relaxed. Maybe you just go at bad times?

I'm not a fan of the food in McTurcail's - pretty bleh to be honest and I don't choose my boozers based on food. I rather it based on atmosphere, clientele and the drink on offer.

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Any time I've been in there it's been pretty calm and relaxed. Maybe you just go at bad times?

I'm not a fan of the food in McTurcail's - pretty bleh to be honest and I don't choose my boozers based on food. I rather it based on atmosphere, clientele and the drink on offer.

I agree to some extent but 4.80 for Guinness isn't a good price...I drink lager usually so I'd imagine its over the 5 euro mark for a pint?
    As for food..I always like the option of a bit of soak age,especially if you're coming straight from work...

I agree to some extent but 4.80 for Guinness isn't a good price...I drink lager usually so I'd imagine its over the 5 euro mark for a pint?

You've got a point there alright. It's been a while since I've been in so I'm not sure of their prices. I tend to be in there on the rare quiet afternoon when I get to go for a pint by myself.
    As for food..I always like the option of a bit of soak age,especially if you're coming straight from work...

Again I concede this one. An after work pub should have the option of some decent food.

I work odd hours so the after work pint is a joy I rarely get to sample.

Advertisement