Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New League Details

Options
  • 18-09-2013 2:12pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭

League Name: BoardsIE
    Password: real

I will send out invites later, but please join before hand if possible.

We will be starting FA tomorrow @ 9:30am sharp
    You will have 30 mins to make your pick, if you do not make a pick in the alloted time you lose your pick.
    It is a reverse snake draft, so player picking last in the draft goes first.

This will mean we will get through the 2 rounds of FA by saturday morning at the latest.

Saturday morning I will advance to preseason week 2
    Sunday morning I will advance to preseason week 3
    Monday morning I will advance to the season proper.

Once in the regular season, you can only pick up 1 player per week.

We will be starting the league proper from Monday (to Thursday)

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Can we include a schedule in the first post too? for FA's,league start etc

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭Raoul

Here is the list if you want to put it in the OP:
    Player
    gilberto
    steytyrrell
    HowAreWe
    Paddy31
    PaullyD
    Berty44
    MikeyT086
    TheOneAdlum
    Nelbert
    Raoul
    PerrinV2
    empacher
    Adrian522
    daftdave
    LukeBray/gatsby
    Helimachoptor
    giffney1991
    Rock Lesnar
    guns4all
    Pudsy33
    Padraic M
    madalig1
    mikemac1
    Caroller

Also, you can pm myself of Heli with a list of free agents you want and we will reserve the best one for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Why has a new league been started?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

The_Gatsby wrote: »
    Because the CPU picked up all the free agents in the previous one when it was advanced, hence the restart and the time limits on picking.

The_Gatsby wrote: »

You obviously missed last night's debacle. The old league was advanced to week 2 without everyone picking a FA, the CPU picked up all the good ones. Now we are doing all of the FA in week 1. Then advancing one day at a time and you can pick up an FA per gw. Season starts on Monday. That is final, no more messing.

• Advertisement

Will we be sticking to 30 minutes slots or say some1 makes a pick within 5 minutes will a new 30 minute slot began thereafter?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Will we be sticking to 30 minutes slots or say some1 makes a pick within 5 minutes will a new 30 minute slot began thereafter?

Yes, the new slot will begin once the previous pick is made.
    All of our drafts work like that and it should get people making their pick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Is there a website where we can check which free agents are available?

It's alright for the college students lying in bed all morning :P but the rest of us will be working for da man :(

mikemac1 wrote: »

It's alright for the college students lying in bed all morning :P but the rest of us will be working for da man :(

Just do it tonight and have the ones you want picked out. I am sure if you searched on the net you could find a list.

I actually don't think there are many college students in our league

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

You can view FA via the website, not a great interface but possible, or have a look tonight as Raoul said and have a shortlist.

You can sign players via the website also I think.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Sign them up once you make your pick but you will have until saturday morning to pick them up.
    If you dont pick them up when I advance and we have CPU teams, they may be gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

Just signed up there, you can't look @ free agents yet? It's blacked out

Just signed up there, you can't look @ free agents yet? It's blacked out

Yeah, I didn't advance the league as I am told that the CPU will sign FAs if I do but only a couple, its when we advance to week 2 that it is the major problem.

So we are trying to get as many people signed up as possible, maybe give a deadline of 9 before we advance to week 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

I'll join up by 7.30, just on way home now.

If ppl wanna look at free agents on the console they can view them in the edit options of the main menu or start up their own offline league :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

mikemac1 wrote: »

On behalf of the college students lying in tomorrow morning, can we subscribe to some form of wake-up call when our pick is up?

Starting at 9.30 and only a half hour to pick, if the first few picks fly through there is no bloody way I'll be awake for it. Some of us have more important things going on like sleeping after playing GTA V untill 4am.

Send me your top 5picks mikey, i'll take the highest one rated thats left.

Everyone should now have an invite,so get joining.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

joined.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Can we be an owner?

no, you must create a new coach

Really laughing at the twitter feed.
    "English Coach? Who in the world is that? Ive never heard of this guy in my life!"
    class

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Joined.

Thanks to the commissioners for their persistence as I know how frustrating this year is trying to get set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

Joined, can't wait for some football

If ppl wanna look at free agents on the console they can view them in the edit options of the main menu or start up their own offline league :)

You can get to see some where you check your team needs, just click on the position. You can actually sign them from there but I wouldn't yet cos Heli might have a meltdown.

Meltdown wouldn't even describe it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

Joined and have gone from -3 million to 7 million in cap space! 1st and second season will building seasons with this team although should have decent cap space for season 2 and 3 from what I've worked out.

Heli - I just signed the 3 or 4 players I needed with the 7 million using the team needs screen. Seemed easier than waiting till tomorrow.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

Ah by doing that didn't you just skip ahead of a bunch of people?

Kind of but it's fine because my previous comment was laced with sarcasm! Will be sending my list of preferences to Heli as I'm unlikely to get on to make the signing myself.

• Advertisement

Nelbert wrote: »
    Kind of but it's fine because my previous comment was laced with sarcasm! Will be sending my list of preferences to Heli as I'm unlikely to get on to make the signing myself.
    Ya I thought so which was why I deleted my post almost straight away but clearly not quick enough :P

Advertisement