Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recording a reading

Options
  • 18-09-2013 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭

Anyone ever done this?? I brought a dictaphone to a reading last year but the sound quality was awful. I'm thinking the voice recorder on my iPhone would be a better option.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

It's a great way to see the techniques psychics use to fool people. I highly recommend doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Gumbi wrote: »
    It's a great way to see the techniques psychics use to fool people. I highly recommend doing it.

I have a reading booked for next week so I'm gonna record it on the sly. Will be interesting to listen back to see if those techniques were used,.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 76 ✭✭Patsprat

How did you get on with the recording? I used my Iphone all the time just dont tell them and put it on airplane mode. who did you go to see?

Patsprat wrote: »
    How did you get on with the recording? I used my Iphone all the time just dont tell them and put it on airplane mode. who did you go to see?

I'm going Friday coming to see Gareth keoghan. Did the reading come out clear on your iPhone?

lukesmom wrote: »
    I'm going Friday coming to see Gareth keoghan. Did the reading come out clear on your iPhone?
    yes very clear put it on flight mode so no one rings and leave it on the table with your keys you be okay. Good luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 lookalike

I recorded his reading last year, at the time didn't have iPhone, just a regular phone, set record heading up the stairs, put into handbag and hoped for the best!!!
    Anyway a lot background(underground) noise, as he reads over a pub, so clarity not so good, thankfully he's slow at his reading,

A lot of his predictions have come to pass!!!

lookalike wrote: »
    I recorded his reading last year, at the time didn't have iPhone, just a regular phone, set record heading up the stairs, put into handbag and hoped for the best!!!
    Anyway a lot background(underground) noise, as he reads over a pub, so clarity not so good, thankfully he's slow at his reading,

A lot of his predictions have come to pass!!!

Oh yes that stairs! Hope he doesn't guess recording him. Could u make out any of the reading?

I had to use headphones in order to hear, was muffled, and could only listen when the house was in complete silence!!!lol
    But, I think recording is great!!!

I had to use headphones in order to hear, was muffled, and could only listen when the house was in complete silence!!!lol
    But, I think recording is great!!!

Good to know

Will be my 3rd time to see him I go once a year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Melodi

Personally, I am happy to have my readings recorded, in fact I'm looking for ways to do that easily (my computer doesn't do the skype-call record for various reasons) but I wouldn't dream of recording another psychic without asking them first: exception would be that sort of large public venue, then unless there is a stated "no recorders allowed" I think a public event is fair game.

But then the old chat recordings, back before internet voice over services were easy and free; was the usual back in the day when I started doing net readings.

That said, some psychics I know personally have tried recording readings for clients only to have the recording devices simply refuse to work properly often on multiple occasions.

This has never happened to me, but I've heard of it happening enough from people I know and respect that it can be an actual problem.

But I think recordings are a great way to help people remember their readings, of course it also catches things that one "gets wrong" but also thing things that one "gets right".

No one I know is 100 percent accurate all the time anyway, psychics are human and we do our best, we have good days and bad days. We also often "see" things we are not sure exactly how much to communicate and/or the client simply isn't ready (or willing) to hear.

A recording lets them listen to it a year later and maybe they are ready to hear it at that point...

But recording is very individual..mostly in private readings I haven't been doing this, but I'm happy if someone wants to do so. Other psychics find recording equipment distracting, but even I would not be that happy with "secret recordings" not because I have anything to hide, but simply because I don't like secret recordings..the NSA has quite enough of those already.

Melodi in the Midlands...

Melodi wrote: »
    Personally, I am happy to have my readings recorded, in fact I'm looking for ways to do that easily (my computer doesn't do the skype-call record for various reasons) but I wouldn't dream of recording another psychic without asking them first: exception would be that sort of large public venue, then unless there is a stated "no recorders allowed" I think a public event is fair game.

But then the old chat recordings, back before internet voice over services were easy and free; was the usual back in the day when I started doing net readings.

That said, some psychics I know personally have tried recording readings for clients only to have the recording devices simply refuse to work properly often on multiple occasions.

This has never happened to me, but I've heard of it happening enough from people I know and respect that it can be an actual problem.

But I think recordings are a great way to help people remember their readings, of course it also catches things that one "gets wrong" but also thing things that one "gets right".

No one I know is 100 percent accurate all the time anyway, psychics are human and we do our best, we have good days and bad days. We also often "see" things we are not sure exactly how much to communicate and/or the client simply isn't ready (or willing) to hear.

A recording lets them listen to it a year later and maybe they are ready to hear it at that point...

But recording is very individual..mostly in private readings I haven't been doing this, but I'm happy if someone wants to do so. Other psychics find recording equipment distracting, but even I would not be that happy with "secret recordings" not because I have anything to hide, but simply because I don't like secret recordings..the NSA has quite enough of those already.

Melodi in the Midlands...

I have a terrible memory this is why I want to record it. If I ask he might say no. I went to billy Martin once and asked could I record and he said no chance

I have a terrible memory this is why I want to record it. If I ask he might say no. I went to billy Martin once and asked could I record and he said no chance

Why do you think he said that?

Personally (and this is just me) I would ask rather than record in secret, but I would ask BEFORE I went for the reading, because if the psychic said no and didn't give a reason like "I tend to break the recording equipment) I might decide to use some one else if having a recording was important to me. That's a very personal decision, but that's how I would do it anyway (and even though I am a psychic reader myself I do use other readers for my own issues).

I went to billy twice last year, on first occasion, I asked if could record, he refused!!!! But that said, he just blew me away, and it's like being on a roller coaster ride, the pace and intensity, I couldn't remember half of it.

Second time I went, turned on record heading down " hallway" an put phone into bag!!! Yes got his reading and he said exactly the same things to me again.

When I went home couldn't find recording anywhere on phone!!! Then about three months later came upon it in the middle of my music!!! That's where it was stored!!!

I don't know.

I'm gonna just record him anyway. It's awful frustrating not being able to remember half the stuff he says. I used a dictaphone last year at a reading with him and it turned out to be extremely muffled, could hardly make out a word of the entire reading. I'm hoping the iPhone record function will be of a much higher quality.

I do wonder though. The fact that mediums have to higher their vibration while the spirits lower their vibration. This means they meet in the middle. This is all done through frequency and maybe because recording devices work through frequency too it causes problems with sound quality maybe.

I have a friend who is a very well known Occult Writer and she sometimes does personal readings (not often but sometimes) and usually for donations to worthy causes; so she has no financial incentive (at least not a personal one) one way or the other.

She told me she has tried recording readings, and had the same problems with things either not recording, sound quality, pieces just going "poof" etc., etc..now she's the sort of person that often has technology act a bit weird around her anyway; but I gather it is worse when she's doing readings.

I've not had this problem, even though I can kill the village ATM at 20 paces and used to be notrious for accidentally crashing the old main frame computer where I worked in the 1980's.

I think the Psychic Recording's some people make that seem to have voices from the beyond on them, do tend to indicate that "other forces" can operate on both digital and analog recording systems to influence them.

My guess would be that most of using doing readings have "help" from elsewhere (even if we are not strictly mediums) and some of that "help" may really hate recorders for one reason or another.

Mine obviously don't give a hoot, whereas my friends does; it might also vary with certain types of psychic specialty and/or type of personality of the reader.

But what would bother me was the person not telling you why you shouldn't record which could be anything from "I find the vibration of machines in my psychic space disturbing" (lots of people do) to "I find people are more involved in their reading if they have to try and listen and remember" (I encourage people to take notes if the want to for this reason) or even "I break the recorder, you can try but usually it doesn't come out very well).

In general, I think mediums have a bigger problem with the disrupted recordings problem than just general readers like myself, but that's just a guess.

I wouldn't believe that to be honest (the recording part).

I think they don't want us to record them as it will show up things they might get wrong

• Advertisement

That's your choice, but my friend (for example) has no reason to make it up, she has her clients donate money to charities and would be happy to record the readings if they didn't fubar so many times. If it was just her, I might think it was some issue with her recorder or something but I have heard of this happen a lot, including people doing past life sessions. Again sometimes they record just fine other times they just don't..

Recorded the reading yesterday on iPhone, turned out great

Did you ask him about recording ??? Glad your reading went well!!!

Excelent sometimes you gotta take the bull by the horns if you went through life trying not to upset people you get nothing done. and hope it was a positive reading

Did you ask him about recording ??? Glad your reading went well!!!

No I never asked him! Reading was great. He is great when it comes to the mediumship side of things but with future predictions I don't rate him at all.

No I never asked him! Reading was great. He is great when it comes to the mediumship side of things but with future predictions I don't rate him at all.

A lot of what he predicted for me has passed.not major things but at the same time a lot of small things.

Advertisement