Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a poo? Anywhere will do

Options
  • 18-09-2013 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭

Joyous scenes on the quays. Over the past month there have been two toilet paper surrounded poos lovingly left outside the door of my apartment block. Now either dogs have finally gotten some shame or we're seeing the genesis of an unofficial public toilet. I don't think there's a lot I can do about it, aside from wait for the dustman, but I just wanted to point out more evidence of a completely failed city council.

Bring the junkies into the city centre to get their methadone... and then let them at it. What a disgusting city.. and this is on a tourist route too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Yup, Dub city is a sh!t hole alright....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Funny thread ahead, I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

I've seen it happen next to Arnotts, across from the M&S entrance in broad daylight during a busy saturday

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

Yillan wrote: »
    Joyous scenes on the quays. Over the past month there have been two toilet paper surrounded poos lovingly left outside the door of my apartment block.

but I just wanted to point out more evidence of a completely failed city council.

Fraid it's nothing to do with the council...if it's a private block it's for the management commitee or the residents (ie you) to sort out).

If somebody shiits in my garden i don't go blaming the local authorities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

Was it andrex toilet paper? They always have cute dogs in their ads!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Yillan

chopper6 wrote: »
    Fraid it's nothing to do with the council...if it's a private block it's for the management commitee or the residents (ie you) to sort out).

If somebody shiits in my garden i don't go blaming the local authorities.

Obviously it's not in the complex... it's on the street

Obviously it's not in the complex... it's on the street

How is it the council's fault?

Is it not enough that they have to clean it up?

chopper6 wrote: »
    How is it the council's fault?

Is it not enough that they have to clean it up?

Prevention is better than the cure. Junkies out of city centre, or at the very least, public toilets.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Prevention is better than the cure. Junkies out of city centre, or at the very least, public toilets.

Junkies in public toilets? Kids playing with syringes and needles? Or am I exaggerating?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

What do we want: Junkies out
    When do we want it: Now...or sometime in the future when someone gives a sh!t (see what I did there)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

It may not have been a junkie, it could have been a Fine Gael politician practising for the upcoming budget

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

It's not the Council's fault if somebody poos on your doorstep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

It is the fault of whatever genius decided to surround the city centre with methadone clinics.

Surely it is common sense to separate the greatest concentration of the daytime population from addicts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭LOTD

Once I was walking along the Quays and this building look like it had a burst pipe there was a huge stream of water coming from the entrance, only to see when walking past the entrance some junkie hunched down doing her business.

When I lived in apartment blocks in Stoneybatter it was prefect for junkies because it was slightly hidden from the main street, you would not believe the amount of excrement, it was an urban farmyard.

It's a real shame Dublin is such a nice city, but things like this are such a major problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,975 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Well what you should be looking for is novel ways to make the doorway less poo friendly.

Chances are they will come back again if it looks poo-peeling

So what can one do to make it less attractive to these immaciated poo'ers.

Serious replys i suppose would be best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Yillan wrote:

Banning drug addicts from the city centre is not only quite fascistic-sounding, but it also might not do anything to solve your problem... Chronic constipation is a well-documented side-effect of both heroin and methadone. You might be blaming the wrong people.

RayM wrote: »
    Banning drug addicts from the city centre is not only quite fascistic-sounding, but it also might not do anything to solve your problem... Chronic constipation is a well-documented side-effect of both heroin and methadone. You might be blaming the wrong people.

it's not permanent constipation. Eventually it all comes out. Usually when the drugs wear off

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

I am pie wrote: »
    It is the fault of whatever genius decided to surround the city centre with methadone clinics.

No it's not. The only person whose fault it is for taking a dump on somebody's doorstep is the dumper himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

LOTD wrote: »
    Once I was walking along the Quays and this building look like it had a burst pipe there was a huge stream of water coming from the entrance, only to see when walking past the entrance some junkie hunched down doing her business.

When I lived in apartment blocks in Stoneybatter it was prefect for junkies because it was slightly hidden from the main street, you would not believe the amount of excrement, it was an urban farmyard.

It's a real shame Dublin is such a nice city, but things like this are such a major problem.

Yep,it's a shame that every governments response to the drug problem that has plagued this city for nearly 30 years has been so piss poor and lacking in providing any proper facilities for addicts that they are forced to deficate like animals in the street.Mention it to your local TD the next time he/she is pretending to care about your concerns when canvassing for votes.

RayM wrote: »

No one is banning anyone... Banning... how would that even be enforced? Get rid of the methadone clinics and social housing out of the city centre.. Take back the city centre for the people contributing to society.. Let them have junkie town. Yes it'll be completely lawless, but right now when it comes to junkies and general scumbags, Dublin city is similarly lawless. People are ****ting on the street! I don't know any greater sign of the break down of the social fabric in a city.

• Advertisement

No one is banning anyone... Banning... how would that even be enforced? Get rid of the methadone clinics and social housing out of the city centre.. Take back the city centre for the people contributing to society.. Let them have junkie town. Yes it'll be completely lawless, but right now when it comes to junkies and general scumbags, Dublin city is similarly lawless. People are ****ting on the street! I don't know any greater sign of the break down of the social fabric in a city.

Plenty of social problems in apartment blocks...mostly caused by people renting...students,asylum seekers,single parents etc etc.

Added to that there used to be a certain sense of community in many social housing areas...neighbours looking out for each other,friendship etc.

Apartments have lacked this since they since became popular and there's an increasing reluctance and difficulty forming relationships with neighbours...to my mind apartment blocks will be the new ghettos...far worse tahn social housing ever was.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I've seen it happen a couple of times, it's extremely disturbing to see. I would point out though that these were both drunks, not heroin addicts. I really think we could do with introducing public toilets again.

I don't understand why people are blaming social housing or apartment living, if you have a place to live you probably don't need to poo on the street.

Lux23 wrote: »
    I've seen it happen a couple of times, it's extremely disturbing to see. I would point out though that these were both drunks, not heroin addicts. I really think we could do with introducing public toilets again.

I don't understand why people are blaming social housing or apartment living, if you have a place to live you probably don't need to poo on the street.
    i do want public toilets, but i don't see how they can work. Can you imagine what the junkies would do to them!
    :(

EyeSight wrote: »
    i do want public toilets, but i don't see how they can work. Can you imagine what the junkies would do to them!
    There used to be public toilets on burgh quay...they soon became synonymous with something and it wasn't junkies!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

There are places in Dublin that are actually really pretty. I've lived in the city for over 7 years and I'm still amazed at how picturesque it is. However, bad planning, bad policing and an invasion of junkies and scumbags have ruined it for me. The moment I graduate from college, I'm out of here - and I say that with a heavy heart.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

EyeSight wrote: »

Hopefully poo in them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 148 ✭✭bezerk

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I walk through a lane off Abbey St to get to work and the absolute stink of piss and regular sights of big piles of human **** are just disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

just off dorset street and a couple of the lanes are used regularly as ****ting and pissing areas for humans. as for the syringes/spikes see this too on a daily basis
    council not enough money to clean it up and people of Dublin just don't care anymore about their own children

Twice I have seen syringe needles outside the entrance to a CRECHE

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Drained_Empty

methadone and heroin cause constipation. doubt it's junkies.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement